Cellular South: Ready for storms
Published: June 5,2009
RIDGELAND — With the 2009 hurricane season right around the corner, Cellular South has taken steps to bolster its network and mobilize its employees to protect against a major storm-caused disaster.
“Our preparations are designed to give customers maximum reliability from their wireless phones at the time of greatest need,” said Trey Howard, director of network operations for Cellular South. “When disaster strikes, people depend on their wireless phones as a lifeline to the outside world, not just for a day, but for weeks and sometimes even months at a time.”
Howard said the wireless carrier’s 1,000-member workforce along with the company’s network resources would be on “high alert” throughout the 2009 hurricane season. Cellular South also stands ready to activate its Emergency Response Plan, which guides the deployment of company resources and personnel during a crisis.
Since 2006, Cellular South has invested over $350 million to bolster the Mississippi portion of its network on new technologies, facilities and network-strengthening efforts.
The company is coordinating its emergency response preparations with local, state and federal agencies, including the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency and the Governor’s Office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders