DRMC adds new service
Published: June 5,2009
GREENVILLE — PET/CT scan service is now available at Delta Regional Medical Center’s (DRMC’s) main campus in Greenville.
A PET scan measures important body functions,such as blood flow, oxygen use, and sugar (glucose) metabolism to help doctors evaluate how well organs and tissues are functioning. By identifying changes in the body at the cellular level, PET imaging may detect the early onset of disease before it is evident on other imaging tests such as CT or MRI.
David Wallace, director of radiology at DRMC, said, “The PET/CT scanner will help with earlier diagnosis for cancer, accurate staging and localization for treatment planning and precise treatment and monitoring for cancer. Patients will now be able to have this technology here rather than traveling out of town for these critical tests. This will be a great service to the Delta.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast