EastGroup enters Las Vegas
by Wally Northway
Published: June 5,2009
JACKSON — EastGroup Properties has acquired the Arville Distribution Center in Las Vegas, Nev., for a purchase price of $11.05 million. The purchase represents EastGroup’s entry in the Las Vegas market.
Arville, which was constructed in 1997, is a two-building, business distribution complex containing 142,000 square feet and is located in the southwest submarket of the city. It is 77 percent leased to eight customers, and is projected to generate an annualized 8.2 percent yield at its current occupancy.
David H. Hoster II, EastGroup president and CEO, said, “We hope to grow our ownership in Las Vegas to one million square feet over the next 12 to 24 months. This purchase was funded by our continuous equity program, which to-date has sold approximately 519,000 shares with net proceeds to EastGroup of approximately $17.4 million.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route