Fox anchor gives to Legacy Fund
Published: June 5,2009
OXFORD — Fox News anchor Shepard Smith is applauding the leadership of retiring University of Mississippi (UM) chancellor Robert Khayat with a $75,000 gift to the Legacy Fund, which already has hit the $200,000 mark.
Created by the University Foundation to honor Khayat, the fund was established to help offset the negative effects of the economy on UM students and the academic environment. Plans call for the chancellor, who is retiring June 30 after leading UM for 14 years, to determine which initiatives benefit from the fund.
“Dr. Khayat has transformed our special place into a truly great American public university. It’s an honor to give him a few more dollars to work some magic before he slides into retirement,” said Smith, who anchors the “Fox Report” and “Studio B with Shepard Smith.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues