Fox anchor gives to Legacy Fund
Published: June 5,2009
OXFORD — Fox News anchor Shepard Smith is applauding the leadership of retiring University of Mississippi (UM) chancellor Robert Khayat with a $75,000 gift to the Legacy Fund, which already has hit the $200,000 mark.
Created by the University Foundation to honor Khayat, the fund was established to help offset the negative effects of the economy on UM students and the academic environment. Plans call for the chancellor, who is retiring June 30 after leading UM for 14 years, to determine which initiatives benefit from the fund.
“Dr. Khayat has transformed our special place into a truly great American public university. It’s an honor to give him a few more dollars to work some magic before he slides into retirement,” said Smith, who anchors the “Fox Report” and “Studio B with Shepard Smith.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs