Fox anchor gives to Legacy Fund
Published: June 5,2009
OXFORD — Fox News anchor Shepard Smith is applauding the leadership of retiring University of Mississippi (UM) chancellor Robert Khayat with a $75,000 gift to the Legacy Fund, which already has hit the $200,000 mark.
Created by the University Foundation to honor Khayat, the fund was established to help offset the negative effects of the economy on UM students and the academic environment. Plans call for the chancellor, who is retiring June 30 after leading UM for 14 years, to determine which initiatives benefit from the fund.
“Dr. Khayat has transformed our special place into a truly great American public university. It’s an honor to give him a few more dollars to work some magic before he slides into retirement,” said Smith, who anchors the “Fox Report” and “Studio B with Shepard Smith.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur