Fox anchor gives to Legacy Fund
Published: June 5,2009
OXFORD — Fox News anchor Shepard Smith is applauding the leadership of retiring University of Mississippi (UM) chancellor Robert Khayat with a $75,000 gift to the Legacy Fund, which already has hit the $200,000 mark.
Created by the University Foundation to honor Khayat, the fund was established to help offset the negative effects of the economy on UM students and the academic environment. Plans call for the chancellor, who is retiring June 30 after leading UM for 14 years, to determine which initiatives benefit from the fund.
“Dr. Khayat has transformed our special place into a truly great American public university. It’s an honor to give him a few more dollars to work some magic before he slides into retirement,” said Smith, who anchors the “Fox Report” and “Studio B with Shepard Smith.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill