Hancock Holding adds Kendricks
Published: June 5,2009
GULFPORT — Veteran banker Sam B. Kendricks has been named the chief credit policy officer at Hancock Holding Company. With this appointment, Kendricks begins his new executive responsibilities as former chief credit officer Alfred Rath transitions to become Hancock’s Chief Risk Officer.
Kendricks, a Mississippi native who joined Hancock Bank in 2001, previously served as a senior vice president and senior regional credit officer for the Mississippi franchise of Hancock’s multi-state business footprint.
An alumnus of Clarksdale High School, Kendricks holds a bachelor of business administration degree from the University of Mississippi. He is also a graduate of the prestigious Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University and was recognized as one of Top 40 under 40 Mississippi business leaders by the Mississippi Business Journal. He is a past president of the Risk Management Association of South Mississippi and the Exchange Club.
Kendricks and his wife, the former Susan Tannehill, have three children.
Kendricks said, “Safety and soundness have been part of Hancock’s legacy for more than a century. With the capable team we have in place, our target goals remain keeping Hancock strong and providing our clients a safe haven during these difficult economic times and as America looks toward a more promising economic horizon.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics