Hotel completes eco-friendly improvements
Published: June 5,2009
RIDGELAND — The partners and staff of MMI Hotel Group will celebrate the completion of eco-friendly renovations to the Cabot Lodge Jackson North property with a grand re-opening June 23, and a month-long Summer Arts Series showcasing work from Mississippi artists.
The grand re-opening will take place in the Cabot Lodge Jackson North great room, located at 120 Dyess Road in Ridgeland. Visitors and guests can enjoy guided tours of the newly renovated property, hors d’oeuvres and crafts demonstrations.
Changes to the facility include a new stone exterior, renovated sleeping rooms and amenities that reflect Cabot’s theme, “where hospitality comes naturally,” as well as “protect the earth.” Commitments made by MMI Hotel Group to reduce energy and protect the environment include low-flow toilets to conserve water, energy-efficient lighting, double-paned and tinted windows and the use of post-consumer paper goods to conserve natural resources.
In addition to the grand re-opening, the celebration includes the Summer Arts Series, which begins June 9 in the hotel great room, and will continue each Tuesday, culminating June 30. Visitors can experience some of Mississippi’s best arts, crafts and cocktails from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. incorporating quilting/fabric art, pottery, woodcarving, fiber artist, stained glass and glass beads.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case
- Diamondhead Casino Corporation wins site approval