Hotel completes eco-friendly improvements
Published: June 5,2009
RIDGELAND — The partners and staff of MMI Hotel Group will celebrate the completion of eco-friendly renovations to the Cabot Lodge Jackson North property with a grand re-opening June 23, and a month-long Summer Arts Series showcasing work from Mississippi artists.
The grand re-opening will take place in the Cabot Lodge Jackson North great room, located at 120 Dyess Road in Ridgeland. Visitors and guests can enjoy guided tours of the newly renovated property, hors d’oeuvres and crafts demonstrations.
Changes to the facility include a new stone exterior, renovated sleeping rooms and amenities that reflect Cabot’s theme, “where hospitality comes naturally,” as well as “protect the earth.” Commitments made by MMI Hotel Group to reduce energy and protect the environment include low-flow toilets to conserve water, energy-efficient lighting, double-paned and tinted windows and the use of post-consumer paper goods to conserve natural resources.
In addition to the grand re-opening, the celebration includes the Summer Arts Series, which begins June 9 in the hotel great room, and will continue each Tuesday, culminating June 30. Visitors can experience some of Mississippi’s best arts, crafts and cocktails from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. incorporating quilting/fabric art, pottery, woodcarving, fiber artist, stained glass and glass beads.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry