Hotel completes eco-friendly improvements
Published: June 5,2009
RIDGELAND — The partners and staff of MMI Hotel Group will celebrate the completion of eco-friendly renovations to the Cabot Lodge Jackson North property with a grand re-opening June 23, and a month-long Summer Arts Series showcasing work from Mississippi artists.
The grand re-opening will take place in the Cabot Lodge Jackson North great room, located at 120 Dyess Road in Ridgeland. Visitors and guests can enjoy guided tours of the newly renovated property, hors d’oeuvres and crafts demonstrations.
Changes to the facility include a new stone exterior, renovated sleeping rooms and amenities that reflect Cabot’s theme, “where hospitality comes naturally,” as well as “protect the earth.” Commitments made by MMI Hotel Group to reduce energy and protect the environment include low-flow toilets to conserve water, energy-efficient lighting, double-paned and tinted windows and the use of post-consumer paper goods to conserve natural resources.
In addition to the grand re-opening, the celebration includes the Summer Arts Series, which begins June 9 in the hotel great room, and will continue each Tuesday, culminating June 30. Visitors can experience some of Mississippi’s best arts, crafts and cocktails from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. incorporating quilting/fabric art, pottery, woodcarving, fiber artist, stained glass and glass beads.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job