Local chef places in regional competition
by Staff Writer
Published: June 5,2009
Chef Joshua Simpson recently placed first runner-up in the in the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs Jeunes Commis Rôtisseur Competition held in Ashville, N.C. Simpson is the executive chef for the Hilton Garden Inn and the BancorpSouth Conference Center.
Each competitor is given an identical mystery “market basket” containing a few key ingredients, and must design and prepare a three-course meal to serve four people using those ingredients — all in four hours time. One of the dishes Simpson prepared from his basket was a crisp sunburst trout over butternut squash raviolis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'