Local chef places in regional competition
by Staff Writer
Published: June 5,2009
Chef Joshua Simpson recently placed first runner-up in the in the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs Jeunes Commis Rôtisseur Competition held in Ashville, N.C. Simpson is the executive chef for the Hilton Garden Inn and the BancorpSouth Conference Center.
Each competitor is given an identical mystery “market basket” containing a few key ingredients, and must design and prepare a three-course meal to serve four people using those ingredients — all in four hours time. One of the dishes Simpson prepared from his basket was a crisp sunburst trout over butternut squash raviolis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62