Local chef places in regional competition
by Staff Writer
Published: June 5,2009
Chef Joshua Simpson recently placed first runner-up in the in the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs Jeunes Commis Rôtisseur Competition held in Ashville, N.C. Simpson is the executive chef for the Hilton Garden Inn and the BancorpSouth Conference Center.
Each competitor is given an identical mystery “market basket” containing a few key ingredients, and must design and prepare a three-course meal to serve four people using those ingredients — all in four hours time. One of the dishes Simpson prepared from his basket was a crisp sunburst trout over butternut squash raviolis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste