Local chef places in regional competition
by Staff Writer
Published: June 5,2009
Chef Joshua Simpson recently placed first runner-up in the in the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs Jeunes Commis Rôtisseur Competition held in Ashville, N.C. Simpson is the executive chef for the Hilton Garden Inn and the BancorpSouth Conference Center.
Each competitor is given an identical mystery “market basket” containing a few key ingredients, and must design and prepare a three-course meal to serve four people using those ingredients — all in four hours time. One of the dishes Simpson prepared from his basket was a crisp sunburst trout over butternut squash raviolis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law