SBA chooses state’s best
Published: June 5,2009
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has unveiled its 2009 SBA Mississippi Small Business Award winners. The SBA will honor its 2009 the winners during a dinner reception June 16 at the Mississippi e-Center @ JSU in Jackson. Registration starts at 5:30 p.m.
Business leaders and government representatives will join SBA’s Mississippi District director Janita R. Stewart in congratulating Mississippi’s best entrepreneurs and business advocates. In addition to the State Small Business Person of the Year, men and women involved in government procurement, small business champions as well as partners in financial and entrepreneurial development will be honored.
The 2009 SBA Mississippi Small Business Award winners are:
• Small Business Person of the Year — Richard A. Moore, president, Eyevox Film & Video Production, Ridgeland
• Home-Base Business Champion — Shirley T. McLendon, owner, Mi-Da Maps, Hernando
• Women in Business Champion — Mary Canavan Werner, president, Tupelo Manufacturing, Tupelo
• Veteran Small Business Champion — Charles E. Harkless Jr., project manager, SJB Group, LLC, Jackson
• Small Business Exporter (Team) — Erin N. Hayne, owner and designer, and Nuno Goncalves Ferreira, founder and designer, Visual Reference Studio, Jackson
• Minority Small Business Champion — Cathye Ross-Amos, owner, Ross Business Partnerships, LLC, Gulfport
• Small Business Journalist — John J. Woods, freelance writer, Magnolia Outdoor Communications, Clinton
• Financial Services Champion — Thelman Larry Anderson, Director, Resources Division, Central Mississippi Planning and Development District, Jackson
• Entrepreneurial Success — Celeste Foster O’Keefe, CEO, The Dancel Group, D’Iberville
The 2009 SBA Mississippi Small Business Awards Reception is made available through the support of Northrop Grumman Corporation. Small business entrepreneurs, business advocates, and public citizens are encouraged to attend the event.
There is no cost to attend; however, seating is limited. RSVP by June 12 to the SBA Mississippi District Office at (601) 965-4378, ext. 11 or 18, or e-mail to Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org or Rosetta.email@example.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit