SBA names state’s best
Published: June 5,2009
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has unveiled its 2009 SBA Mississippi Small Business Award winners. The SBA will honor its 2009 the winners during a dinner reception June 16 at the Mississippi e-Center @ JSU in Jackson. Registration starts at 5:30 p.m.
The 2009 SBA Mississippi Small Business Award winners are:
• Small Business Person of the Year — Richard A. Moore, president, Eyevox Film & Video Production, Ridgeland
• Home-Base Business Champion — Shirley T. McLendon, owner, Mi-Da Maps, Hernando
• Women in Business Champion — Mary Canavan Werner, president, Tupelo Manufacturing, Tupelo
• Veteran Small Business Champion — Charles E. Harkless Jr., project manager, SJB Group, LLC, Jackson
• Small Business Exporter (Team) — Erin N. Hayne, owner and designer, and Nuno Goncalves Ferreira, founder and designer, Visual Reference Studio, Jackson
• Minority Small Business Champion — Cathye Ross-Amos, owner, Ross Business Partnerships, LLC, Gulfport
• Small Business Journalist — John J. Woods, freelance writer, Magnolia Outdoor Communications, Clinton
• Financial Services Champion — Thelman Larry Anderson, _Director, Resources Division, Central Mississippi Planning and Development District, Jackson
• Entrepreneurial Success — Celeste Foster O’Keefe, CEO, The Dancel Group, D’Iberville
The 2009 SBA Mississippi Small Business Awards Reception is made available through the support of Northrop Grumman Corporation. Small business entrepreneurs, business advocates, and public citizens are encouraged to attend the event.
There is no cost to attend; however, seating is limited. RSVP by June 12 to the SBA Mississippi District Office at (601) 965-4378, ext. 11 or 18, or e-mail to Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org or Rosetta.email@example.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Digital Editions - magazines