Ex-basketball star returns to UM
Published: June 8,2009
OXFORD — Former University of Mississippi (UM) basketball standout Keith Carter has joined the university as associate director of development for the School of Business Administration.
Since graduating, Carter has spent much of his time on basketball courts overseas, playing professionally in the Italian Basketball League for seven seasons. During his four seasons as a Rebel, Carter earned first-team all-SEC honors in 1999 and picked up a gold medal for the United States at the 1998 Goodwill Games.
In 2008, Carter left basketball and moved back to Mississippi to join Barnes-Pettey Financial Advisors in Clarksdale. There, he drew on his UM education to develop and execute financial plans for individuals.
Carter will raise funds to ensure business administration students and faculty have the resources they need to excel.
Carter is joined in Oxford by his wife, Jill, who holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in accountancy from UM, and their two children, Drew, four, and Callie, two.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill