Ex-basketball star returns to UM
Published: June 8,2009
OXFORD — Former University of Mississippi (UM) basketball standout Keith Carter has joined the university as associate director of development for the School of Business Administration.
Since graduating, Carter has spent much of his time on basketball courts overseas, playing professionally in the Italian Basketball League for seven seasons. During his four seasons as a Rebel, Carter earned first-team all-SEC honors in 1999 and picked up a gold medal for the United States at the 1998 Goodwill Games.
In 2008, Carter left basketball and moved back to Mississippi to join Barnes-Pettey Financial Advisors in Clarksdale. There, he drew on his UM education to develop and execute financial plans for individuals.
Carter will raise funds to ensure business administration students and faculty have the resources they need to excel.
Carter is joined in Oxford by his wife, Jill, who holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in accountancy from UM, and their two children, Drew, four, and Callie, two.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending