Ex-basketball star returns to UM
by Wally Northway
Published: June 8,2009
OXFORD — Former University of Mississippi (UM) basketball standout Keith Carter has joined the university as associate director of development for the School of Business Administration.
Since graduating, Carter has spent much of his time on basketball courts overseas, playing professionally in the Italian Basketball League for seven seasons. During his four seasons as a Rebel, Carter earned first-team all-SEC honors in 1999 and picked up a gold medal for the United States at the 1998 Goodwill Games.
In 2008, Carter left basketball and moved back to Mississippi to join Barnes-Pettey Financial Advisors in Clarksdale. There, he drew on his UM education to develop and execute financial plans for individuals.
Carter will raise funds to ensure business administration students and faculty have the resources they need to excel.
Carter is joined in Oxford by his wife, Jill, who holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in accountancy from UM, and their two children, Drew, four, and Callie, two.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program