Ex-basketball star returns to UM
Published: June 8,2009
OXFORD — Former University of Mississippi (UM) basketball standout Keith Carter has joined the university as associate director of development for the School of Business Administration.
Since graduating, Carter has spent much of his time on basketball courts overseas, playing professionally in the Italian Basketball League for seven seasons. During his four seasons as a Rebel, Carter earned first-team all-SEC honors in 1999 and picked up a gold medal for the United States at the 1998 Goodwill Games.
In 2008, Carter left basketball and moved back to Mississippi to join Barnes-Pettey Financial Advisors in Clarksdale. There, he drew on his UM education to develop and execute financial plans for individuals.
Carter will raise funds to ensure business administration students and faculty have the resources they need to excel.
Carter is joined in Oxford by his wife, Jill, who holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in accountancy from UM, and their two children, Drew, four, and Callie, two.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar