Ex-basketball star returns to UM
Published: June 8,2009
OXFORD — Former University of Mississippi (UM) basketball standout Keith Carter has joined the university as associate director of development for the School of Business Administration.
Since graduating, Carter has spent much of his time on basketball courts overseas, playing professionally in the Italian Basketball League for seven seasons. During his four seasons as a Rebel, Carter earned first-team all-SEC honors in 1999 and picked up a gold medal for the United States at the 1998 Goodwill Games.
In 2008, Carter left basketball and moved back to Mississippi to join Barnes-Pettey Financial Advisors in Clarksdale. There, he drew on his UM education to develop and execute financial plans for individuals.
Carter will raise funds to ensure business administration students and faculty have the resources they need to excel.
Carter is joined in Oxford by his wife, Jill, who holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in accountancy from UM, and their two children, Drew, four, and Callie, two.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing