Candidate misses special election deadline
Published: June 9,2009
EAST MISSISSIPPI — The Secretary of State’s Office has released the names of the candidates who have filed their campaign finance reports with the Office of the Secretary of State and the Lauderdale County Circuit Clerk for the House District 82 special election.
The special election was called following the death of longtime legislator Rep. Charles Young Sr.
Candidates who filed their finance reports on time are Robert Barefield, Roscoe Jones, Wilbert Jones and Bill Marcy.
John Harris missed the deadline, which was June 2.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey