State’s swine flu count nears 60
Published: June 9,2009
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — On June 8, the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) reports 24 new cases of H1N1 swine flu, bringing the state’s total number of cases to 58. The new cases are in Harrison (seven), Jackson (four), Hinds (three), Holmes (two), Rankin (two), Jones (two), Lowndes (two), Lauderdale (one) and Madison (one) counties.
Since MSDH began testing for H1N1 swine flu, cases have been reported in Harrison (18), Jackson (14), Hinds (four), Holmes (three), Forrest (three), Lamar (three), Jones (two), Lauderdale (two), Lowndes (two), Rankin (two), Yazoo (two), DeSoto (one), Madison (one) and Union (one) counties.
These numbers include the newly reported cases. Numbers may have slightly changed after case investigation and follow-up.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation