State’s swine flu count nears 60
Published: June 9,2009
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — On June 8, the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) reports 24 new cases of H1N1 swine flu, bringing the state’s total number of cases to 58. The new cases are in Harrison (seven), Jackson (four), Hinds (three), Holmes (two), Rankin (two), Jones (two), Lowndes (two), Lauderdale (one) and Madison (one) counties.
Since MSDH began testing for H1N1 swine flu, cases have been reported in Harrison (18), Jackson (14), Hinds (four), Holmes (three), Forrest (three), Lamar (three), Jones (two), Lauderdale (two), Lowndes (two), Rankin (two), Yazoo (two), DeSoto (one), Madison (one) and Union (one) counties.
These numbers include the newly reported cases. Numbers may have slightly changed after case investigation and follow-up.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet