Harrah’s makes donation
by Wally Northway
Published: June 10,2009
TUNICA — Harrah’s Entertainment Mid-South Region, which includes Harrah’s Casino Tunica, Horseshoe Casino and Hotel Tunica and Sheraton Casino and Hotel Tunica, recently announced a $22,500 sponsorship to the American Heart Association for 2009.
“Thanks to Harrah’s cash and in-kind support this year, several of our fundraising events have been and are promising to be tremendous successes,” said Russ Ellis, vice president of field operations, American Heart Association greater Southeast affiliate.
“Harrah’s is committed to making the communities in which we live vibrant and healthy places to live and work. The American Heart Association is a unique organization to us because the Southeast affiliate serves where the majority of our employees live – North Mississippi and Memphis, Tenn. This allows us to make an impact across city and state boundaries in our employee’s communities through one organization,” said Valerie Morris, vice president of communications and community affairs, Harrah’s Entertainment Mid-South Region.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Nullification and interposition
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections