Harrah’s makes donation
Published: June 10,2009
TUNICA — Harrah’s Entertainment Mid-South Region, which includes Harrah’s Casino Tunica, Horseshoe Casino and Hotel Tunica and Sheraton Casino and Hotel Tunica, recently announced a $22,500 sponsorship to the American Heart Association for 2009.
“Thanks to Harrah’s cash and in-kind support this year, several of our fundraising events have been and are promising to be tremendous successes,” said Russ Ellis, vice president of field operations, American Heart Association greater Southeast affiliate.
“Harrah’s is committed to making the communities in which we live vibrant and healthy places to live and work. The American Heart Association is a unique organization to us because the Southeast affiliate serves where the majority of our employees live – North Mississippi and Memphis, Tenn. This allows us to make an impact across city and state boundaries in our employee’s communities through one organization,” said Valerie Morris, vice president of communications and community affairs, Harrah’s Entertainment Mid-South Region.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues