Harrah’s makes donation
Published: June 10,2009
TUNICA — Harrah’s Entertainment Mid-South Region, which includes Harrah’s Casino Tunica, Horseshoe Casino and Hotel Tunica and Sheraton Casino and Hotel Tunica, recently announced a $22,500 sponsorship to the American Heart Association for 2009.
“Thanks to Harrah’s cash and in-kind support this year, several of our fundraising events have been and are promising to be tremendous successes,” said Russ Ellis, vice president of field operations, American Heart Association greater Southeast affiliate.
“Harrah’s is committed to making the communities in which we live vibrant and healthy places to live and work. The American Heart Association is a unique organization to us because the Southeast affiliate serves where the majority of our employees live – North Mississippi and Memphis, Tenn. This allows us to make an impact across city and state boundaries in our employee’s communities through one organization,” said Valerie Morris, vice president of communications and community affairs, Harrah’s Entertainment Mid-South Region.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015