Pierce honored with SBLA
Published: June 11,2009
HATTIESBURG — William Carey University and the Area Development Partnership honored Dennis Pierce, owner of Dennis Pierce Inc. and PierCon Inc. with the Small Business Leadership Award (SBLA) during the Small Business Leadership Luncheon held on the Hattiesburg campus of William Carey.
The SBLA recognizes the important contributions of small businesses to the economic, social and cultural life of the community and the particular achievements of one individual or family. SBLA nominees must meet several criteria including employing 100 or less employees, operating locally except for marketing, exhibiting Judeo-Christian ethics, being financially sound and participating in community service.
A lifelong resident of Hattiesburg, Pierce specializes in home building, residential community development, commercial development and construction. He has developed more than 2,000 residential lots in 10 communities and owns and manages 850,000 square feet of commercial real estate. Pierce received the Paul Harris Fellow Award in 2007, has been named Homebuilder of the Year three times and served as president of the Greater Hattiesburg Homebuilders Association for two terms.
Founding director of The First Bank, Pierce is a member of the Area Development Partnership and a deacon at Temple Baptist Church. He and wife, Gwen, have two daughters, Danielle and Jessica.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey