Pierce honored with SBLA
Published: June 11,2009
HATTIESBURG — William Carey University and the Area Development Partnership honored Dennis Pierce, owner of Dennis Pierce Inc. and PierCon Inc. with the Small Business Leadership Award (SBLA) during the Small Business Leadership Luncheon held on the Hattiesburg campus of William Carey.
The SBLA recognizes the important contributions of small businesses to the economic, social and cultural life of the community and the particular achievements of one individual or family. SBLA nominees must meet several criteria including employing 100 or less employees, operating locally except for marketing, exhibiting Judeo-Christian ethics, being financially sound and participating in community service.
A lifelong resident of Hattiesburg, Pierce specializes in home building, residential community development, commercial development and construction. He has developed more than 2,000 residential lots in 10 communities and owns and manages 850,000 square feet of commercial real estate. Pierce received the Paul Harris Fellow Award in 2007, has been named Homebuilder of the Year three times and served as president of the Greater Hattiesburg Homebuilders Association for two terms.
Founding director of The First Bank, Pierce is a member of the Area Development Partnership and a deacon at Temple Baptist Church. He and wife, Gwen, have two daughters, Danielle and Jessica.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways