Pierce honored with SBLA
Published: June 11,2009
HATTIESBURG — William Carey University and the Area Development Partnership honored Dennis Pierce, owner of Dennis Pierce Inc. and PierCon Inc. with the Small Business Leadership Award (SBLA) during the Small Business Leadership Luncheon held on the Hattiesburg campus of William Carey.
The SBLA recognizes the important contributions of small businesses to the economic, social and cultural life of the community and the particular achievements of one individual or family. SBLA nominees must meet several criteria including employing 100 or less employees, operating locally except for marketing, exhibiting Judeo-Christian ethics, being financially sound and participating in community service.
A lifelong resident of Hattiesburg, Pierce specializes in home building, residential community development, commercial development and construction. He has developed more than 2,000 residential lots in 10 communities and owns and manages 850,000 square feet of commercial real estate. Pierce received the Paul Harris Fellow Award in 2007, has been named Homebuilder of the Year three times and served as president of the Greater Hattiesburg Homebuilders Association for two terms.
Founding director of The First Bank, Pierce is a member of the Area Development Partnership and a deacon at Temple Baptist Church. He and wife, Gwen, have two daughters, Danielle and Jessica.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force