Swine flu cases hit 65
Published: June 12,2009
JACKSON — A case of Swine Flu has been identified and confirmed in a Pre-Kindergarten student at St. Andrew’s Episcopal School In Jackson.
Officials with the school have contacted parents with children attending camp there this week that they can come and collect their children. Officials said all protective measures are being taken to guard against the transfer of the virus at the school. The case was identified in the child Tuesday, according to an official with the school.
The Mississippi Department of Health is reporting 65 cases of Swine Flu in the state. There are nine cases confirmed in the Jackson-Metro Area, including four in Hinds County, three in Madison and two in Rankin County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history