Swine flu cases hit 65
Published: June 12,2009
JACKSON — A case of Swine Flu has been identified and confirmed in a Pre-Kindergarten student at St. Andrew’s Episcopal School In Jackson.
Officials with the school have contacted parents with children attending camp there this week that they can come and collect their children. Officials said all protective measures are being taken to guard against the transfer of the virus at the school. The case was identified in the child Tuesday, according to an official with the school.
The Mississippi Department of Health is reporting 65 cases of Swine Flu in the state. There are nine cases confirmed in the Jackson-Metro Area, including four in Hinds County, three in Madison and two in Rankin County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- College Board sets Friday meeting to discuss Dan Jones
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club