Swine flu cases hit 65
Published: June 12,2009
JACKSON — A case of Swine Flu has been identified and confirmed in a Pre-Kindergarten student at St. Andrew’s Episcopal School In Jackson.
Officials with the school have contacted parents with children attending camp there this week that they can come and collect their children. Officials said all protective measures are being taken to guard against the transfer of the virus at the school. The case was identified in the child Tuesday, according to an official with the school.
The Mississippi Department of Health is reporting 65 cases of Swine Flu in the state. There are nine cases confirmed in the Jackson-Metro Area, including four in Hinds County, three in Madison and two in Rankin County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals