Swine flu cases hit 65
Published: June 12,2009
JACKSON — A case of Swine Flu has been identified and confirmed in a Pre-Kindergarten student at St. Andrew’s Episcopal School In Jackson.
Officials with the school have contacted parents with children attending camp there this week that they can come and collect their children. Officials said all protective measures are being taken to guard against the transfer of the virus at the school. The case was identified in the child Tuesday, according to an official with the school.
The Mississippi Department of Health is reporting 65 cases of Swine Flu in the state. There are nine cases confirmed in the Jackson-Metro Area, including four in Hinds County, three in Madison and two in Rankin County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama