Swine flu cases hit 65
Published: June 12,2009
JACKSON — A case of Swine Flu has been identified and confirmed in a Pre-Kindergarten student at St. Andrew’s Episcopal School In Jackson.
Officials with the school have contacted parents with children attending camp there this week that they can come and collect their children. Officials said all protective measures are being taken to guard against the transfer of the virus at the school. The case was identified in the child Tuesday, according to an official with the school.
The Mississippi Department of Health is reporting 65 cases of Swine Flu in the state. There are nine cases confirmed in the Jackson-Metro Area, including four in Hinds County, three in Madison and two in Rankin County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation