DSU, city look to strengthen bonds
Published: June 15,2009
CLEVELAND — Recognizing a long history of positive “town-gown” relations and recent questions raised by some in the community, Cleveland Mayor-elect, Billy Nowell and Delta State University (DSU) president John Hilpert announced they will name an ad hoc committee to discuss ways the relationship can be enhanced.
Dr. Kent Wyatt, president emeritus of DSU, has agreed to chair the committee.
“This idea arose when Mayor-elect Nowell visited my office,” said Hilpert. “We are both enthusiastic about plans and opportunities that will come from the process.”
Appointees and a specific charge to the committee will be announced in mid-July after Nowell takes office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money