DSU, city look to strengthen bonds
Published: June 15,2009
CLEVELAND — Recognizing a long history of positive “town-gown” relations and recent questions raised by some in the community, Cleveland Mayor-elect, Billy Nowell and Delta State University (DSU) president John Hilpert announced they will name an ad hoc committee to discuss ways the relationship can be enhanced.
Dr. Kent Wyatt, president emeritus of DSU, has agreed to chair the committee.
“This idea arose when Mayor-elect Nowell visited my office,” said Hilpert. “We are both enthusiastic about plans and opportunities that will come from the process.”
Appointees and a specific charge to the committee will be announced in mid-July after Nowell takes office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant