DSU, city look to strengthen bonds
Published: June 15,2009
CLEVELAND — Recognizing a long history of positive “town-gown” relations and recent questions raised by some in the community, Cleveland Mayor-elect, Billy Nowell and Delta State University (DSU) president John Hilpert announced they will name an ad hoc committee to discuss ways the relationship can be enhanced.
Dr. Kent Wyatt, president emeritus of DSU, has agreed to chair the committee.
“This idea arose when Mayor-elect Nowell visited my office,” said Hilpert. “We are both enthusiastic about plans and opportunities that will come from the process.”
Appointees and a specific charge to the committee will be announced in mid-July after Nowell takes office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues