DSU, city look to strengthen bonds
Published: June 15,2009
CLEVELAND — Recognizing a long history of positive “town-gown” relations and recent questions raised by some in the community, Cleveland Mayor-elect, Billy Nowell and Delta State University (DSU) president John Hilpert announced they will name an ad hoc committee to discuss ways the relationship can be enhanced.
Dr. Kent Wyatt, president emeritus of DSU, has agreed to chair the committee.
“This idea arose when Mayor-elect Nowell visited my office,” said Hilpert. “We are both enthusiastic about plans and opportunities that will come from the process.”
Appointees and a specific charge to the committee will be announced in mid-July after Nowell takes office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million