BoaterExam goes online
by Wally Northway
Published: June 16,2009
JACKSON — Mississippi is the latest state to launch the new BoaterExam interactive boater education course as an online option to obtain the Mississippi Boater Education Card.
Now, Mississippi residents will have access to an animated and narrated course they can take online. This boating education course is approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA), recognized by the US Coast Guard and covers 100 percent of the state’s exam requirements.
BoaterExam.com course participants learn about boat classifications, hull designs, motors, legal requirements for registration and equipment, navigation rules, basic safety regulations and waterway marking systems all in a narrative fashion with more than 300 original illustrations and 150 animated video clips. Each of the course’s seven chapters is followed by chapter summaries and practice quizzes.
A Mississippi Boater Education Card is required for all persons born on or after June 30, 1980, who wish to operate a powered watercraft on Mississippi waters.
For complete Mississippi boating regulations or for more information on the new BoaterExam Mississippi course, visit www.boaterexam.com/usa/Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy