Appleby wins division award for the year
by Staff Writer
Published: June 22,2009
Charlie Appleby, chairman and chief executive officer of Advanced Disposal Services Inc., a Southeast regional provider of integrated solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services, won the Florida Division (Real Estate & Construction) of the 2009 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Award. The selection of Appleby for this award was made by an independent judging panel of regional business, academic and community leaders and announced at a gala dinner.
Appleby was one of the founding organizers of Advanced Disposal at its inception in 2000 and has lead the company first as its original president and chief financial officer and since the fall of 2006 as its chairman and chief executive officer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators