Appleby wins division award for the year
by Staff Writer
Published: June 22,2009
Charlie Appleby, chairman and chief executive officer of Advanced Disposal Services Inc., a Southeast regional provider of integrated solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services, won the Florida Division (Real Estate & Construction) of the 2009 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Award. The selection of Appleby for this award was made by an independent judging panel of regional business, academic and community leaders and announced at a gala dinner.
Appleby was one of the founding organizers of Advanced Disposal at its inception in 2000 and has lead the company first as its original president and chief financial officer and since the fall of 2006 as its chairman and chief executive officer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip