Appleby wins division award for the year
by Staff Writer
Published: June 22,2009
Charlie Appleby, chairman and chief executive officer of Advanced Disposal Services Inc., a Southeast regional provider of integrated solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services, won the Florida Division (Real Estate & Construction) of the 2009 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Award. The selection of Appleby for this award was made by an independent judging panel of regional business, academic and community leaders and announced at a gala dinner.
Appleby was one of the founding organizers of Advanced Disposal at its inception in 2000 and has lead the company first as its original president and chief financial officer and since the fall of 2006 as its chairman and chief executive officer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports