Aquaculture producers eligible for ARRA funds
by Wally Northway
Published: June 22,2009
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi Agriculture Commissioner Lester Spell announced that aquaculture producers who were adversely affected by high feed cost in 2008 are eligible to qualify for assistance under the ARRA.
The Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce (MDAC) has been designated by the USDA to disburse the Aquaculture Grant Program, which will provide assistance funding to eligible aquaculture producers who were adversely affected by historically high feed cost.
All statewide aquaculture producers will be eligible for the Aquaculture Grant Program. Applications will be available through local feed mill providers, their local county FSA office, Mississippi State Extension offices and on the MDAC website at www.mdac.state.ms.us. Producers participating in the program have must have their applications post-dated no later than July 10, 2009, to MDAC.
For more information, call MDAC at (601) 359-1100.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Nullification and interposition
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge