Aquaculture producers eligible for ARRA funds
Published: June 22,2009
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi Agriculture Commissioner Lester Spell announced that aquaculture producers who were adversely affected by high feed cost in 2008 are eligible to qualify for assistance under the ARRA.
The Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce (MDAC) has been designated by the USDA to disburse the Aquaculture Grant Program, which will provide assistance funding to eligible aquaculture producers who were adversely affected by historically high feed cost.
All statewide aquaculture producers will be eligible for the Aquaculture Grant Program. Applications will be available through local feed mill providers, their local county FSA office, Mississippi State Extension offices and on the MDAC website at www.mdac.state.ms.us. Producers participating in the program have must have their applications post-dated no later than July 10, 2009, to MDAC.
For more information, call MDAC at (601) 359-1100.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge