Aquaculture producers eligible for ARRA funds
by Wally Northway
Published: June 22,2009
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi Agriculture Commissioner Lester Spell announced that aquaculture producers who were adversely affected by high feed cost in 2008 are eligible to qualify for assistance under the ARRA.
The Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce (MDAC) has been designated by the USDA to disburse the Aquaculture Grant Program, which will provide assistance funding to eligible aquaculture producers who were adversely affected by historically high feed cost.
All statewide aquaculture producers will be eligible for the Aquaculture Grant Program. Applications will be available through local feed mill providers, their local county FSA office, Mississippi State Extension offices and on the MDAC website at www.mdac.state.ms.us. Producers participating in the program have must have their applications post-dated no later than July 10, 2009, to MDAC.
For more information, call MDAC at (601) 359-1100.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month