Aquaculture producers eligible for ARRA funds
by Wally Northway
Published: June 22,2009
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi Agriculture Commissioner Lester Spell announced that aquaculture producers who were adversely affected by high feed cost in 2008 are eligible to qualify for assistance under the ARRA.
The Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce (MDAC) has been designated by the USDA to disburse the Aquaculture Grant Program, which will provide assistance funding to eligible aquaculture producers who were adversely affected by historically high feed cost.
All statewide aquaculture producers will be eligible for the Aquaculture Grant Program. Applications will be available through local feed mill providers, their local county FSA office, Mississippi State Extension offices and on the MDAC website at www.mdac.state.ms.us. Producers participating in the program have must have their applications post-dated no later than July 10, 2009, to MDAC.
For more information, call MDAC at (601) 359-1100.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Nullification and interposition
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections