Aquaculture producers eligible for ARRA funds
Published: June 22,2009
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi Agriculture Commissioner Lester Spell announced that aquaculture producers who were adversely affected by high feed cost in 2008 are eligible to qualify for assistance under the ARRA.
The Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce (MDAC) has been designated by the USDA to disburse the Aquaculture Grant Program, which will provide assistance funding to eligible aquaculture producers who were adversely affected by historically high feed cost.
All statewide aquaculture producers will be eligible for the Aquaculture Grant Program. Applications will be available through local feed mill providers, their local county FSA office, Mississippi State Extension offices and on the MDAC website at www.mdac.state.ms.us. Producers participating in the program have must have their applications post-dated no later than July 10, 2009, to MDAC.
For more information, call MDAC at (601) 359-1100.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal