Barbour: Nearly 1,000 housing units open on the coast
Published: June 22,2009
GULFPORT — The Governor’s Office reports that about 1,000 affordable housing units on the Gulf Coast have been completed with yesterday’s opening of 120 new units at Gulfport’s Regency Way Apartments complex.
The Mississippi Development Authority’s (MDA) Public Housing Grant Program administered the project, and was funded through Mississippi’s $5.4-billion federally provided Hurricane Katrina recovery package.
The Regency Way Apartments, located on 28th Street, is part of a $100-million public housing recovery effort to ensure Coast residents have a variety of post-Katrina affordable housing options.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility