Hancock Fabric sees losses beginning to narrow
Published: June 22,2009
BALDWYN — During the first quarter of 2009, Hancock Fabrics posted a net loss of $900,000, or $0.05 per share, compared to a net loss of $5.3 million, or $0.28 per share, during the first quarter of 2008.
At the same time, the company saw net sales of $64.1 million, compared with $63.8 million during the comparable period last year, and comparable sales increased 2.3 percent during the most recent quarter, compared with 3.1 percent during the first quarter the prior year.
Hancock president and CEO Jane Aggers said, “Although the retail environment is still challenging, we continue to make progress on our key operating initiatives — improving operations and reducing debt. Our efforts have resulted in the significant increase in EBITDA (up $2.8 million over the first quarter of 2008) and the narrowing of our loss.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions