Hancock Fabric sees losses beginning to narrow
Published: June 22,2009
BALDWYN — During the first quarter of 2009, Hancock Fabrics posted a net loss of $900,000, or $0.05 per share, compared to a net loss of $5.3 million, or $0.28 per share, during the first quarter of 2008.
At the same time, the company saw net sales of $64.1 million, compared with $63.8 million during the comparable period last year, and comparable sales increased 2.3 percent during the most recent quarter, compared with 3.1 percent during the first quarter the prior year.
Hancock president and CEO Jane Aggers said, “Although the retail environment is still challenging, we continue to make progress on our key operating initiatives — improving operations and reducing debt. Our efforts have resulted in the significant increase in EBITDA (up $2.8 million over the first quarter of 2008) and the narrowing of our loss.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today