Hancock Fabric sees losses beginning to narrow
Published: June 22,2009
BALDWYN — During the first quarter of 2009, Hancock Fabrics posted a net loss of $900,000, or $0.05 per share, compared to a net loss of $5.3 million, or $0.28 per share, during the first quarter of 2008.
At the same time, the company saw net sales of $64.1 million, compared with $63.8 million during the comparable period last year, and comparable sales increased 2.3 percent during the most recent quarter, compared with 3.1 percent during the first quarter the prior year.
Hancock president and CEO Jane Aggers said, “Although the retail environment is still challenging, we continue to make progress on our key operating initiatives — improving operations and reducing debt. Our efforts have resulted in the significant increase in EBITDA (up $2.8 million over the first quarter of 2008) and the narrowing of our loss.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case