Hancock Fabric sees losses beginning to narrow
Published: June 22,2009
BALDWYN — During the first quarter of 2009, Hancock Fabrics posted a net loss of $900,000, or $0.05 per share, compared to a net loss of $5.3 million, or $0.28 per share, during the first quarter of 2008.
At the same time, the company saw net sales of $64.1 million, compared with $63.8 million during the comparable period last year, and comparable sales increased 2.3 percent during the most recent quarter, compared with 3.1 percent during the first quarter the prior year.
Hancock president and CEO Jane Aggers said, “Although the retail environment is still challenging, we continue to make progress on our key operating initiatives — improving operations and reducing debt. Our efforts have resulted in the significant increase in EBITDA (up $2.8 million over the first quarter of 2008) and the narrowing of our loss.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant