HCC gets literacy grant from Dollar General
Published: June 22,2009
RAYMOND — Hinds Community College (HCC) has been awarded a $20,000 literacy grant from the Dollar General Literacy Foundation.
HCC is one of eight recipients in Mississippi to receive a grant from Dollar General. The adult literacy grants are awarded each year to non-profit organizations across Dollar General’s 35-state service area to provide assistance to individuals who are seeking Adult Basic Education, GED testing and classes in English for speakers of other languages. The $20,000 grant is the maximum award an institution can receive.
These funds were awarded as a part of the Dropout Recovery Initiative at HCC, an effort committed to recovering the high school dropouts in our state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal