HCC gets literacy grant from Dollar General
Published: June 22,2009
RAYMOND — Hinds Community College (HCC) has been awarded a $20,000 literacy grant from the Dollar General Literacy Foundation.
HCC is one of eight recipients in Mississippi to receive a grant from Dollar General. The adult literacy grants are awarded each year to non-profit organizations across Dollar General’s 35-state service area to provide assistance to individuals who are seeking Adult Basic Education, GED testing and classes in English for speakers of other languages. The $20,000 grant is the maximum award an institution can receive.
These funds were awarded as a part of the Dropout Recovery Initiative at HCC, an effort committed to recovering the high school dropouts in our state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project