HCC gets literacy grant from Dollar General
by Wally Northway
Published: June 22,2009
RAYMOND — Hinds Community College (HCC) has been awarded a $20,000 literacy grant from the Dollar General Literacy Foundation.
HCC is one of eight recipients in Mississippi to receive a grant from Dollar General. The adult literacy grants are awarded each year to non-profit organizations across Dollar General’s 35-state service area to provide assistance to individuals who are seeking Adult Basic Education, GED testing and classes in English for speakers of other languages. The $20,000 grant is the maximum award an institution can receive.
These funds were awarded as a part of the Dropout Recovery Initiative at HCC, an effort committed to recovering the high school dropouts in our state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil