HCC gets literacy grant from Dollar General
Published: June 22,2009
RAYMOND — Hinds Community College (HCC) has been awarded a $20,000 literacy grant from the Dollar General Literacy Foundation.
HCC is one of eight recipients in Mississippi to receive a grant from Dollar General. The adult literacy grants are awarded each year to non-profit organizations across Dollar General’s 35-state service area to provide assistance to individuals who are seeking Adult Basic Education, GED testing and classes in English for speakers of other languages. The $20,000 grant is the maximum award an institution can receive.
These funds were awarded as a part of the Dropout Recovery Initiative at HCC, an effort committed to recovering the high school dropouts in our state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point