HCC gets literacy grant from Dollar General
Published: June 22,2009
RAYMOND — Hinds Community College (HCC) has been awarded a $20,000 literacy grant from the Dollar General Literacy Foundation.
HCC is one of eight recipients in Mississippi to receive a grant from Dollar General. The adult literacy grants are awarded each year to non-profit organizations across Dollar General’s 35-state service area to provide assistance to individuals who are seeking Adult Basic Education, GED testing and classes in English for speakers of other languages. The $20,000 grant is the maximum award an institution can receive.
These funds were awarded as a part of the Dropout Recovery Initiative at HCC, an effort committed to recovering the high school dropouts in our state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow