MDOT stops contracts
by Wally Northway
Published: June 22,2009
JACKSON — Due to the lack of legislative action on a Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) appropriations bill for fiscal year 2010, the Mississippi Transportation Commission has taken action to suspend, terminate, or issue stop-work orders pertaining to certain contracts.
An appropriations bill to provide for the payment for certain contracted services beyond June 30, 2009, has not been enacted. Authority to expend money under the current appropriation bill, House Bill 1589 from the 2008 session of the Legislature, expires at midnight June 30, 2009. Expending funds without authorization is a violation of Section 27-104-25 of the Mississippi Code.
Pending the passage of new budget and appropriation legislation, all work is suspended on any procurement contracts with the Mississippi Transportation Commission and/or the Mississippi Department of Transportation beginning June 30, 2009, after 11:59 p.m.
In addition, the Commission has instructed MDOT executive director Larry L. “Butch” Brown to terminate any construction contract in effect with either the Mississippi Transportation Commission and/or the Mississippi Department of Transportation as of June 30, 2009, at midnight.
Finally, all work is stopped on any consultant services or master services contracts that you have with either the Mississippi Transportation Commission and/or the Mississippi Department of Transportation, and there will be no further work or commitments after July 1, 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing
- The link between education and economic development