MDOT stops contracts
Published: June 22,2009
JACKSON — Due to the lack of legislative action on a Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) appropriations bill for fiscal year 2010, the Mississippi Transportation Commission has taken action to suspend, terminate, or issue stop-work orders pertaining to certain contracts.
An appropriations bill to provide for the payment for certain contracted services beyond June 30, 2009, has not been enacted. Authority to expend money under the current appropriation bill, House Bill 1589 from the 2008 session of the Legislature, expires at midnight June 30, 2009. Expending funds without authorization is a violation of Section 27-104-25 of the Mississippi Code.
Pending the passage of new budget and appropriation legislation, all work is suspended on any procurement contracts with the Mississippi Transportation Commission and/or the Mississippi Department of Transportation beginning June 30, 2009, after 11:59 p.m.
In addition, the Commission has instructed MDOT executive director Larry L. “Butch” Brown to terminate any construction contract in effect with either the Mississippi Transportation Commission and/or the Mississippi Department of Transportation as of June 30, 2009, at midnight.
Finally, all work is stopped on any consultant services or master services contracts that you have with either the Mississippi Transportation Commission and/or the Mississippi Department of Transportation, and there will be no further work or commitments after July 1, 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics