Mississippi election report Mississippi election report
Published: June 22,2009
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Secretary of State’s Office has released its report on the 2008 general election, and generally finds the process worked well.
“To ensure a thorough report to the public, our office deployed 41 personnel into 30 counties on election day,” said Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann. “Overall, despite record turnout, the election process worked. The counties did an excellent job handling large voter participation at polling locations. We were also able to identify issues regarding voting in our state. We hope to work with the Legislature this year to address those issues.”
The 2008 General Election Report can be found at www.sos.ms.gov.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter