Mississippi election report Mississippi election report
Published: June 22,2009
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Secretary of State’s Office has released its report on the 2008 general election, and generally finds the process worked well.
“To ensure a thorough report to the public, our office deployed 41 personnel into 30 counties on election day,” said Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann. “Overall, despite record turnout, the election process worked. The counties did an excellent job handling large voter participation at polling locations. We were also able to identify issues regarding voting in our state. We hope to work with the Legislature this year to address those issues.”
The 2008 General Election Report can be found at www.sos.ms.gov.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Texas company fined for taking water from a Mississippi river