Mississippi election report Mississippi election report
Published: June 22,2009
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Secretary of State’s Office has released its report on the 2008 general election, and generally finds the process worked well.
“To ensure a thorough report to the public, our office deployed 41 personnel into 30 counties on election day,” said Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann. “Overall, despite record turnout, the election process worked. The counties did an excellent job handling large voter participation at polling locations. We were also able to identify issues regarding voting in our state. We hope to work with the Legislature this year to address those issues.”
The 2008 General Election Report can be found at www.sos.ms.gov.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity