Mississippi election report Mississippi election report
Published: June 22,2009
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Secretary of State’s Office has released its report on the 2008 general election, and generally finds the process worked well.
“To ensure a thorough report to the public, our office deployed 41 personnel into 30 counties on election day,” said Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann. “Overall, despite record turnout, the election process worked. The counties did an excellent job handling large voter participation at polling locations. We were also able to identify issues regarding voting in our state. We hope to work with the Legislature this year to address those issues.”
The 2008 General Election Report can be found at www.sos.ms.gov.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren