Mississippi election report Mississippi election report
Published: June 22,2009
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Secretary of State’s Office has released its report on the 2008 general election, and generally finds the process worked well.
“To ensure a thorough report to the public, our office deployed 41 personnel into 30 counties on election day,” said Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann. “Overall, despite record turnout, the election process worked. The counties did an excellent job handling large voter participation at polling locations. We were also able to identify issues regarding voting in our state. We hope to work with the Legislature this year to address those issues.”
The 2008 General Election Report can be found at www.sos.ms.gov.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill