Unemployment claims rise
Published: June 25,2009
WASHINGTON — In the week ending June 20, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial unemployment claims was 627,000, an increase of 15,000 from the previous week’s revised figure. The four-week moving average was 617,250, an increase of 500 from the previous week’s revised average.
The advance seasonally adjusted insured unemployment rate was 5 percent for the week ending June 13, unchanged from the prior week’s unrevised rate.
The advance number for seasonally adjusted insured unemployment during the week ending June 13 was 6.738 million, an increase of 29,000 from the preceding week’s revised level of 6.709 million. The four-week moving average was approximately 6.76 million, a decrease of 3,250 from the preceding week’s revised average.
The fiscal year-to-date average for seasonally adjusted insured unemployment for all programs is 5.333 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast