Afzal joins River Oaks staff
Syed Afzal, M.D., has joined Crossgates River Oaks Hospital’s medical staff. Afzal comes to River Oaks from Monroe, La., and is a family practice physician.
Afzal received a medical degree from the University of Karachi in Karachi, Pakistan. Upon receiving his degree at Karachi, he also completed a residency where he was the resident medical officer.
In 1995, Afzal moved to Houston, Texas, where he was a physician assistant in the medical/surgical inpatient unit at Houston North Medical Center. He then went on to complete a residency in the Department of Family Medicine at Louisiana State University Health Science Center Monroe/Shreveport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money