Afzal joins River Oaks staff
Syed Afzal, M.D., has joined Crossgates River Oaks Hospital’s medical staff. Afzal comes to River Oaks from Monroe, La., and is a family practice physician.
Afzal received a medical degree from the University of Karachi in Karachi, Pakistan. Upon receiving his degree at Karachi, he also completed a residency where he was the resident medical officer.
In 1995, Afzal moved to Houston, Texas, where he was a physician assistant in the medical/surgical inpatient unit at Houston North Medical Center. He then went on to complete a residency in the Department of Family Medicine at Louisiana State University Health Science Center Monroe/Shreveport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager