Afzal joins River Oaks staff
Syed Afzal, M.D., has joined Crossgates River Oaks Hospital’s medical staff. Afzal comes to River Oaks from Monroe, La., and is a family practice physician.
Afzal received a medical degree from the University of Karachi in Karachi, Pakistan. Upon receiving his degree at Karachi, he also completed a residency where he was the resident medical officer.
In 1995, Afzal moved to Houston, Texas, where he was a physician assistant in the medical/surgical inpatient unit at Houston North Medical Center. He then went on to complete a residency in the Department of Family Medicine at Louisiana State University Health Science Center Monroe/Shreveport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending