Allen announces retirement from BancorpSouth
L. Nash Allen Jr. announced his retirement from BancorpSouth and his position as treasurer and chief financial officer of the company, effective June 30, 2009.
Allen joined BancorpSouth in 1969 as a management trainee after graduation from the University of Mississippi and service as an officer in the U. S Army. He was promoted to assistant vice president and assistant controller in 1974, to controller in 1977, chief financial officer in 1986, to executive vice president and chief financial officer in 1992.
The Executive Committee, on behalf of the board of directors of BancorpSouth Inc., appointed William L. Prater, 49, to fill the vacancy created by Allen’s retirement effective June 30, 2009. Prater has served as executive vice president of the company since Sept. 1, 2008. Prior to joining the company, he most recently served as executive vice president of finance at Regions Bank. Prater held the office of senior vice president of finance at AmSouth Bank from 2004 to 2006. He also served previously in a similar position with SouthTrust Corporation. Prater holds a B.S. in accounting from the University of Alabama-Birmingham.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson