Allen announces retirement from BancorpSouth
L. Nash Allen Jr. announced his retirement from BancorpSouth and his position as treasurer and chief financial officer of the company, effective June 30, 2009.
Allen joined BancorpSouth in 1969 as a management trainee after graduation from the University of Mississippi and service as an officer in the U. S Army. He was promoted to assistant vice president and assistant controller in 1974, to controller in 1977, chief financial officer in 1986, to executive vice president and chief financial officer in 1992.
The Executive Committee, on behalf of the board of directors of BancorpSouth Inc., appointed William L. Prater, 49, to fill the vacancy created by Allen’s retirement effective June 30, 2009. Prater has served as executive vice president of the company since Sept. 1, 2008. Prior to joining the company, he most recently served as executive vice president of finance at Regions Bank. Prater held the office of senior vice president of finance at AmSouth Bank from 2004 to 2006. He also served previously in a similar position with SouthTrust Corporation. Prater holds a B.S. in accounting from the University of Alabama-Birmingham.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders