Allen announces retirement from BancorpSouth
L. Nash Allen Jr. announced his retirement from BancorpSouth and his position as treasurer and chief financial officer of the company, effective June 30, 2009.
Allen joined BancorpSouth in 1969 as a management trainee after graduation from the University of Mississippi and service as an officer in the U. S Army. He was promoted to assistant vice president and assistant controller in 1974, to controller in 1977, chief financial officer in 1986, to executive vice president and chief financial officer in 1992.
The Executive Committee, on behalf of the board of directors of BancorpSouth Inc., appointed William L. Prater, 49, to fill the vacancy created by Allen’s retirement effective June 30, 2009. Prater has served as executive vice president of the company since Sept. 1, 2008. Prior to joining the company, he most recently served as executive vice president of finance at Regions Bank. Prater held the office of senior vice president of finance at AmSouth Bank from 2004 to 2006. He also served previously in a similar position with SouthTrust Corporation. Prater holds a B.S. in accounting from the University of Alabama-Birmingham.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Short supplies, high demand boost cattle producer profits
- State certifies school referendum for 2015 ballot