Allen announces retirement from BancorpSouth
L. Nash Allen Jr. announced his retirement from BancorpSouth and his position as treasurer and chief financial officer of the company, effective June 30, 2009.
Allen joined BancorpSouth in 1969 as a management trainee after graduation from the University of Mississippi and service as an officer in the U. S Army. He was promoted to assistant vice president and assistant controller in 1974, to controller in 1977, chief financial officer in 1986, to executive vice president and chief financial officer in 1992.
The Executive Committee, on behalf of the board of directors of BancorpSouth Inc., appointed William L. Prater, 49, to fill the vacancy created by Allen’s retirement effective June 30, 2009. Prater has served as executive vice president of the company since Sept. 1, 2008. Prior to joining the company, he most recently served as executive vice president of finance at Regions Bank. Prater held the office of senior vice president of finance at AmSouth Bank from 2004 to 2006. He also served previously in a similar position with SouthTrust Corporation. Prater holds a B.S. in accounting from the University of Alabama-Birmingham.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money