Baptist-Golden Triangle offers free physicals
COLUMBUS — Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle offered free athletic physicals for area high and junior high school athletes June 27. Students had their height, weight and blood pressure checked, and a family practice and sports medicine physician examined them.
For more than 14 years, Baptist-Golden Triangle and Columbus Orthopaedic staffs have dedicated a Saturday to offer free physicals to students. Last year, more than 400 football, baseball, softball and basketball players as well as cheerleaders took advantage of this offer.
The Mississippi High School Athletic Association requires all student athletes to have physicals before school starts or practice begins.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- Governor signs fracking bill as database comes under scrutiny
- Meridian DJ group brings dubstep, EDM to Queen City
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’