Baptist-Golden Triangle offers free physicals
COLUMBUS — Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle offered free athletic physicals for area high and junior high school athletes June 27. Students had their height, weight and blood pressure checked, and a family practice and sports medicine physician examined them.
For more than 14 years, Baptist-Golden Triangle and Columbus Orthopaedic staffs have dedicated a Saturday to offer free physicals to students. Last year, more than 400 football, baseball, softball and basketball players as well as cheerleaders took advantage of this offer.
The Mississippi High School Athletic Association requires all student athletes to have physicals before school starts or practice begins.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs