Baptist-Golden Triangle offers free physicals
COLUMBUS — Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle offered free athletic physicals for area high and junior high school athletes June 27. Students had their height, weight and blood pressure checked, and a family practice and sports medicine physician examined them.
For more than 14 years, Baptist-Golden Triangle and Columbus Orthopaedic staffs have dedicated a Saturday to offer free physicals to students. Last year, more than 400 football, baseball, softball and basketball players as well as cheerleaders took advantage of this offer.
The Mississippi High School Athletic Association requires all student athletes to have physicals before school starts or practice begins.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- City, state to hold second sale of tax-forfeited property
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections