Baptist-Golden Triangle offers free physicals
COLUMBUS — Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle offered free athletic physicals for area high and junior high school athletes June 27. Students had their height, weight and blood pressure checked, and a family practice and sports medicine physician examined them.
For more than 14 years, Baptist-Golden Triangle and Columbus Orthopaedic staffs have dedicated a Saturday to offer free physicals to students. Last year, more than 400 football, baseball, softball and basketball players as well as cheerleaders took advantage of this offer.
The Mississippi High School Athletic Association requires all student athletes to have physicals before school starts or practice begins.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics