Baptist-Golden Triangle offers free physicals
COLUMBUS — Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle offered free athletic physicals for area high and junior high school athletes June 27. Students had their height, weight and blood pressure checked, and a family practice and sports medicine physician examined them.
For more than 14 years, Baptist-Golden Triangle and Columbus Orthopaedic staffs have dedicated a Saturday to offer free physicals to students. Last year, more than 400 football, baseball, softball and basketball players as well as cheerleaders took advantage of this offer.
The Mississippi High School Athletic Association requires all student athletes to have physicals before school starts or practice begins.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions