Boone named Jackson foundation’s new president
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 6,2009
Douglas R. (Doug) Boone has been announced as the Community Foundation of Greater Jackson’s new president. A search committee led by current president Rev. Luther Ott unanimously recommended the Jackson native for the position after considering a number of highly qualified applicants and an extensive interview process.
The Community Foundation of Greater Jackson is a financial institution which works to serve its donors, strengthen its partners and support the development of the greater Jackson community. Boone brings 20 years of experience as an associate partner and project manager with IBM. He received his BBA in marketing from the University of Mississippi and his MBA from Millsaps College. Active in community affairs, Boone serves as president of the board of Operation Shoestring and received the President’s Volunteer Service Award in 2008. He has worked with Habitat for Humanity, the Jackson Zoo, Mississippi Symphony Orchestra and a number of other organizations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years