Boone named Jackson foundation’s new president
Published: July 6,2009
Douglas R. (Doug) Boone has been announced as the Community Foundation of Greater Jackson’s new president. A search committee led by current president Rev. Luther Ott unanimously recommended the Jackson native for the position after considering a number of highly qualified applicants and an extensive interview process.
The Community Foundation of Greater Jackson is a financial institution which works to serve its donors, strengthen its partners and support the development of the greater Jackson community. Boone brings 20 years of experience as an associate partner and project manager with IBM. He received his BBA in marketing from the University of Mississippi and his MBA from Millsaps College. Active in community affairs, Boone serves as president of the board of Operation Shoestring and received the President’s Volunteer Service Award in 2008. He has worked with Habitat for Humanity, the Jackson Zoo, Mississippi Symphony Orchestra and a number of other organizations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments