Boone named Jackson foundation’s new president
Published: July 6,2009
Douglas R. (Doug) Boone has been announced as the Community Foundation of Greater Jackson’s new president. A search committee led by current president Rev. Luther Ott unanimously recommended the Jackson native for the position after considering a number of highly qualified applicants and an extensive interview process.
The Community Foundation of Greater Jackson is a financial institution which works to serve its donors, strengthen its partners and support the development of the greater Jackson community. Boone brings 20 years of experience as an associate partner and project manager with IBM. He received his BBA in marketing from the University of Mississippi and his MBA from Millsaps College. Active in community affairs, Boone serves as president of the board of Operation Shoestring and received the President’s Volunteer Service Award in 2008. He has worked with Habitat for Humanity, the Jackson Zoo, Mississippi Symphony Orchestra and a number of other organizations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill