Boone named Jackson foundation’s new president
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 6,2009
Douglas R. (Doug) Boone has been announced as the Community Foundation of Greater Jackson’s new president. A search committee led by current president Rev. Luther Ott unanimously recommended the Jackson native for the position after considering a number of highly qualified applicants and an extensive interview process.
The Community Foundation of Greater Jackson is a financial institution which works to serve its donors, strengthen its partners and support the development of the greater Jackson community. Boone brings 20 years of experience as an associate partner and project manager with IBM. He received his BBA in marketing from the University of Mississippi and his MBA from Millsaps College. Active in community affairs, Boone serves as president of the board of Operation Shoestring and received the President’s Volunteer Service Award in 2008. He has worked with Habitat for Humanity, the Jackson Zoo, Mississippi Symphony Orchestra and a number of other organizations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign