Boone named Jackson foundation’s new president
Published: July 6,2009
Douglas R. (Doug) Boone has been announced as the Community Foundation of Greater Jackson’s new president. A search committee led by current president Rev. Luther Ott unanimously recommended the Jackson native for the position after considering a number of highly qualified applicants and an extensive interview process.
The Community Foundation of Greater Jackson is a financial institution which works to serve its donors, strengthen its partners and support the development of the greater Jackson community. Boone brings 20 years of experience as an associate partner and project manager with IBM. He received his BBA in marketing from the University of Mississippi and his MBA from Millsaps College. Active in community affairs, Boone serves as president of the board of Operation Shoestring and received the President’s Volunteer Service Award in 2008. He has worked with Habitat for Humanity, the Jackson Zoo, Mississippi Symphony Orchestra and a number of other organizations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast