Bourgeois named MSU’s new dean of students
Pending formal approval by the Board of Trustees, State Institutions of Higher Learning, Thomas Bourgeois is MSU’s new dean of students. The MSU alumnus has served since 2002 as associate dean and succeeds Mike White, who recently retired after a nearly 40-year student affairs career.
Bourgeois began his campus career in 1999 as assistant dean of students. As associate dean, he was heavily involved in developing the land-grant institution’s crisis response program and recently formed a behavioral intervention team. He also has served as student ombudsman and been responsible for judicial hearings and investigations of student misconduct.
Administratively, he has overseen several divisional units, including, among others, the Richard Holmes Cultural Diversity Center, Center for America’s Veterans and offices of Parent Services, Student Judicial Services, Leadership Programs, Risk Management and Student Support Services/Student Disability Services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain