Bourgeois named MSU’s new dean of students
Pending formal approval by the Board of Trustees, State Institutions of Higher Learning, Thomas Bourgeois is MSU’s new dean of students. The MSU alumnus has served since 2002 as associate dean and succeeds Mike White, who recently retired after a nearly 40-year student affairs career.
Bourgeois began his campus career in 1999 as assistant dean of students. As associate dean, he was heavily involved in developing the land-grant institution’s crisis response program and recently formed a behavioral intervention team. He also has served as student ombudsman and been responsible for judicial hearings and investigations of student misconduct.
Administratively, he has overseen several divisional units, including, among others, the Richard Holmes Cultural Diversity Center, Center for America’s Veterans and offices of Parent Services, Student Judicial Services, Leadership Programs, Risk Management and Student Support Services/Student Disability Services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county