Bourgeois named MSU’s new dean of students
Pending formal approval by the Board of Trustees, State Institutions of Higher Learning, Thomas Bourgeois is MSU’s new dean of students. The MSU alumnus has served since 2002 as associate dean and succeeds Mike White, who recently retired after a nearly 40-year student affairs career.
Bourgeois began his campus career in 1999 as assistant dean of students. As associate dean, he was heavily involved in developing the land-grant institution’s crisis response program and recently formed a behavioral intervention team. He also has served as student ombudsman and been responsible for judicial hearings and investigations of student misconduct.
Administratively, he has overseen several divisional units, including, among others, the Richard Holmes Cultural Diversity Center, Center for America’s Veterans and offices of Parent Services, Student Judicial Services, Leadership Programs, Risk Management and Student Support Services/Student Disability Services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center