Bourgeois named MSU’s new dean of students
Pending formal approval by the Board of Trustees, State Institutions of Higher Learning, Thomas Bourgeois is MSU’s new dean of students. The MSU alumnus has served since 2002 as associate dean and succeeds Mike White, who recently retired after a nearly 40-year student affairs career.
Bourgeois began his campus career in 1999 as assistant dean of students. As associate dean, he was heavily involved in developing the land-grant institution’s crisis response program and recently formed a behavioral intervention team. He also has served as student ombudsman and been responsible for judicial hearings and investigations of student misconduct.
Administratively, he has overseen several divisional units, including, among others, the Richard Holmes Cultural Diversity Center, Center for America’s Veterans and offices of Parent Services, Student Judicial Services, Leadership Programs, Risk Management and Student Support Services/Student Disability Services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker