EIGS releases new guide
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 6,2009
OXFORD — The University of Mississippi’s Enterprise for Innovative Geospatial Solutions (EIGS) has released a special, magazine-style publication about geospatial technology.
“Mississippi’s Guide to Geospatial Technology” provides information about how geospatial technology offers everyday solutions for everyday business areas including homeland security, real estate, agriculture, utilities, natural resource management, recreation, transportation and public health among others.
The guide was a special collaboration with the Mississippi Business Journal, and was featured as a special supplement.
“We are excited about this joint effort with the Mississippi Business Journal as we continue to seek new and innovative ways to promote the use of geospatial technology and reach out to decision makers who can most benefit from the capabilities of Mississippi’s industry cluster,” said Greg Easson, EIGS executive director and University of Mississippi professor.
The goal of the publication is to educate potential customers about the innovative and cost effective solutions geospatial technologies can provide to industry and government. This includes decision makers in a variety of private businesses as well as economic development organizations, and all levels of government, but cities and counties in particular.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county