Health Department awards CONs
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 6,2009
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi State Department of Health has awarded certificate of needs (CONs) to six hospitals and one healthcare organization.
The CONs were awarded to:
- Southwest Mississippi Regional Medical Center in McComb to establish mobile PET services. There is no capital expenditure on this project.
- River Oaks Hospital, LLC, (d/b/a River Oaks Hospital) in Flowood, for the construction/replacement and relocation of its Emergency Room. The capital expenditure is approximately $8.067 million.
- Oktibbeha County Hospital in Starkville for the phase V of a four-story patient tower addition with new Women’s Center and renovation project. The capital expenditure is approximately $32.35 million.
- DVA Healthcare Renal Care Inc. (d/b/a Ocean Springs Dialysis) in Ocean Springs for the relocation/re-establishment of a 16-station end stage renal disease facility in Jackson County. The capital expenditure is approximately $1.33 million.
- North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo for an amendment/cost overrun to CON #R-0771 (relocation/construction of an off-site central sterile and case cart assembly processing facility). The additional capital expenditure is approximately $4.43 million. The total capital expenditure is approximately $11.94 million.
- Delta Cancer Institute and Delta Regional Medical Center in Greenville for an amendment/transfer of CON #R-0783 (establishment and provision of mobile PET services). The capital expenditure is $21,350.
- University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson for the Blair E. Batson Hospital for Children’s pediatric emergency room renovation/relocation. The capital expenditure is approximately $6.3 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy