McPherson attends ADA function in Texas
Published: July 6,2009
Draughon McPherson, registered dietitian of Indianola, was among the national leaders of the American Dietetic Association (ADA) who were selected to attend its sixth Leadership Institute, held June 11-14 in Dallas, Texas.
McPherson is a part-time instructor of nutrition/dietetics in the Delta State University College of Education’s Division of Family & Consumer Sciences and consultant at the Good Samaritan Health Center in Greenville. McPherson received the Emerging Dietetic Leader Award for the Mississippi Dietetic Association in April.
McPherson has a B.S. in food, nutrition and dietetics from Mississippi State University and an M.Ed. in allied health science education from Vanderbilt University. The predominant focus of her career is community nutrition and nutrition/science education.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87