McPherson attends ADA function in Texas
Published: July 6,2009
Draughon McPherson, registered dietitian of Indianola, was among the national leaders of the American Dietetic Association (ADA) who were selected to attend its sixth Leadership Institute, held June 11-14 in Dallas, Texas.
McPherson is a part-time instructor of nutrition/dietetics in the Delta State University College of Education’s Division of Family & Consumer Sciences and consultant at the Good Samaritan Health Center in Greenville. McPherson received the Emerging Dietetic Leader Award for the Mississippi Dietetic Association in April.
McPherson has a B.S. in food, nutrition and dietetics from Mississippi State University and an M.Ed. in allied health science education from Vanderbilt University. The predominant focus of her career is community nutrition and nutrition/science education.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions