McPherson attends ADA function in Texas
Published: July 6,2009
Draughon McPherson, registered dietitian of Indianola, was among the national leaders of the American Dietetic Association (ADA) who were selected to attend its sixth Leadership Institute, held June 11-14 in Dallas, Texas.
McPherson is a part-time instructor of nutrition/dietetics in the Delta State University College of Education’s Division of Family & Consumer Sciences and consultant at the Good Samaritan Health Center in Greenville. McPherson received the Emerging Dietetic Leader Award for the Mississippi Dietetic Association in April.
McPherson has a B.S. in food, nutrition and dietetics from Mississippi State University and an M.Ed. in allied health science education from Vanderbilt University. The predominant focus of her career is community nutrition and nutrition/science education.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO