McPherson attends ADA function in Texas
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 6,2009
Draughon McPherson, registered dietitian of Indianola, was among the national leaders of the American Dietetic Association (ADA) who were selected to attend its sixth Leadership Institute, held June 11-14 in Dallas, Texas.
McPherson is a part-time instructor of nutrition/dietetics in the Delta State University College of Education’s Division of Family & Consumer Sciences and consultant at the Good Samaritan Health Center in Greenville. McPherson received the Emerging Dietetic Leader Award for the Mississippi Dietetic Association in April.
McPherson has a B.S. in food, nutrition and dietetics from Mississippi State University and an M.Ed. in allied health science education from Vanderbilt University. The predominant focus of her career is community nutrition and nutrition/science education.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue