McPherson attends ADA function in Texas
Published: July 6,2009
Draughon McPherson, registered dietitian of Indianola, was among the national leaders of the American Dietetic Association (ADA) who were selected to attend its sixth Leadership Institute, held June 11-14 in Dallas, Texas.
McPherson is a part-time instructor of nutrition/dietetics in the Delta State University College of Education’s Division of Family & Consumer Sciences and consultant at the Good Samaritan Health Center in Greenville. McPherson received the Emerging Dietetic Leader Award for the Mississippi Dietetic Association in April.
McPherson has a B.S. in food, nutrition and dietetics from Mississippi State University and an M.Ed. in allied health science education from Vanderbilt University. The predominant focus of her career is community nutrition and nutrition/science education.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement