Millsaps College named ‘Best Buy’ by Fiske
JACKSON — Millsaps College is one of only 24 private colleges nationwide and the only college in Mississippi named a “Best Buy” in the 2010 edition of Fiske’s “Top Financial Finds on the College Tuition Market.”
The revised and updated list features 44 private and public institutions as “Best Buy Schools.” The institutions were chosen based on the quality of academic offerings in relation to the cost of attendance. To determine the list, Fiske researchers combined the cost data with academic and other life-style information about each college and university to determine what institutions offer remarkable educational opportunities at a relatively modest cost.
At Millsaps, more than 90 percent of students receive some financial aid through an awards program for merit, leadership and service scholarships and institutional, federal and state need-based programs.
Millsaps has consistently been recognized by the guidebook since Fiske’s inception in 1982. In the past, the guide has given Millsaps high marks for its Heritage Program, an interdisciplinary approach to world culture and premedical summer research fellowships. In 2008 the guidebook said, “What differentiates the school is its focus on scholarly inquiry, spiritual growth and community service.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects