Millsaps College named ‘Best Buy’ by Fiske
JACKSON — Millsaps College is one of only 24 private colleges nationwide and the only college in Mississippi named a “Best Buy” in the 2010 edition of Fiske’s “Top Financial Finds on the College Tuition Market.”
The revised and updated list features 44 private and public institutions as “Best Buy Schools.” The institutions were chosen based on the quality of academic offerings in relation to the cost of attendance. To determine the list, Fiske researchers combined the cost data with academic and other life-style information about each college and university to determine what institutions offer remarkable educational opportunities at a relatively modest cost.
At Millsaps, more than 90 percent of students receive some financial aid through an awards program for merit, leadership and service scholarships and institutional, federal and state need-based programs.
Millsaps has consistently been recognized by the guidebook since Fiske’s inception in 1982. In the past, the guide has given Millsaps high marks for its Heritage Program, an interdisciplinary approach to world culture and premedical summer research fellowships. In 2008 the guidebook said, “What differentiates the school is its focus on scholarly inquiry, spiritual growth and community service.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns