Millsaps College named ‘Best Buy’ by Fiske
JACKSON — Millsaps College is one of only 24 private colleges nationwide and the only college in Mississippi named a “Best Buy” in the 2010 edition of Fiske’s “Top Financial Finds on the College Tuition Market.”
The revised and updated list features 44 private and public institutions as “Best Buy Schools.” The institutions were chosen based on the quality of academic offerings in relation to the cost of attendance. To determine the list, Fiske researchers combined the cost data with academic and other life-style information about each college and university to determine what institutions offer remarkable educational opportunities at a relatively modest cost.
At Millsaps, more than 90 percent of students receive some financial aid through an awards program for merit, leadership and service scholarships and institutional, federal and state need-based programs.
Millsaps has consistently been recognized by the guidebook since Fiske’s inception in 1982. In the past, the guide has given Millsaps high marks for its Heritage Program, an interdisciplinary approach to world culture and premedical summer research fellowships. In 2008 the guidebook said, “What differentiates the school is its focus on scholarly inquiry, spiritual growth and community service.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet