Mississippi restaurants join boycott
Published: July 6,2009
COLUMBUS — Eat With Us Group is participating in the ProtectSeals boycott of Canadian seafood. Company has pledged to boycott seafood from the Canadian sealing provinces in all 26 locations of its restaurants, which include Sweet Peppers Deli, Bulldog Deli, Cotton District Grill, Fairpark Grill, Jackson Square Grill, Harvey’s and Park Heights.
“It was an easy decision to change our purchasing habits in order to protect baby seals,” said Eat With Us executive chef Gregg Frazer. “Hopefully, our participation will strengthen the pressures on the Canadian fishing industry to stop the slaughter of seal pups in favor of a more humane, professional endeavor.”
According to HSUS, more than 5,000 restaurants and grocery store locations are participating in the ProtectSeals boycott.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast