Mississippi restaurants join boycott
Published: July 6,2009
COLUMBUS — Eat With Us Group is participating in the ProtectSeals boycott of Canadian seafood. Company has pledged to boycott seafood from the Canadian sealing provinces in all 26 locations of its restaurants, which include Sweet Peppers Deli, Bulldog Deli, Cotton District Grill, Fairpark Grill, Jackson Square Grill, Harvey’s and Park Heights.
“It was an easy decision to change our purchasing habits in order to protect baby seals,” said Eat With Us executive chef Gregg Frazer. “Hopefully, our participation will strengthen the pressures on the Canadian fishing industry to stop the slaughter of seal pups in favor of a more humane, professional endeavor.”
According to HSUS, more than 5,000 restaurants and grocery store locations are participating in the ProtectSeals boycott.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill