Mississippi restaurants join boycott
Published: July 6,2009
COLUMBUS — Eat With Us Group is participating in the ProtectSeals boycott of Canadian seafood. Company has pledged to boycott seafood from the Canadian sealing provinces in all 26 locations of its restaurants, which include Sweet Peppers Deli, Bulldog Deli, Cotton District Grill, Fairpark Grill, Jackson Square Grill, Harvey’s and Park Heights.
“It was an easy decision to change our purchasing habits in order to protect baby seals,” said Eat With Us executive chef Gregg Frazer. “Hopefully, our participation will strengthen the pressures on the Canadian fishing industry to stop the slaughter of seal pups in favor of a more humane, professional endeavor.”
According to HSUS, more than 5,000 restaurants and grocery store locations are participating in the ProtectSeals boycott.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP