Mississippi restaurants join boycott
Published: July 6,2009
COLUMBUS — Eat With Us Group is participating in the ProtectSeals boycott of Canadian seafood. Company has pledged to boycott seafood from the Canadian sealing provinces in all 26 locations of its restaurants, which include Sweet Peppers Deli, Bulldog Deli, Cotton District Grill, Fairpark Grill, Jackson Square Grill, Harvey’s and Park Heights.
“It was an easy decision to change our purchasing habits in order to protect baby seals,” said Eat With Us executive chef Gregg Frazer. “Hopefully, our participation will strengthen the pressures on the Canadian fishing industry to stop the slaughter of seal pups in favor of a more humane, professional endeavor.”
According to HSUS, more than 5,000 restaurants and grocery store locations are participating in the ProtectSeals boycott.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete