MSVCC sets enrollment record
Published: July 6,2009
JACKSON — The Mississippi Virtual Community College (MSVCC) reports record enrollment for the summer 2009 session with 11,574 students enrolled in 19,859 classes.
Compared to the summer 2008 session, enrollment is up 22.4 percent. These figures are in addition to a 17 percent increase in enrollment from fall 2007 to fall 2008 and a 27 percent increase in enrollment from spring 2008 to spring 2009.
“The online classroom is an important part of Mississippi’s community college system and another way we are helping to improve the state,” said Dr. Eric Clark, executive director of the State Board for Community and Junior Colleges.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location