MSVCC sets enrollment record
Published: July 6,2009
JACKSON — The Mississippi Virtual Community College (MSVCC) reports record enrollment for the summer 2009 session with 11,574 students enrolled in 19,859 classes.
Compared to the summer 2008 session, enrollment is up 22.4 percent. These figures are in addition to a 17 percent increase in enrollment from fall 2007 to fall 2008 and a 27 percent increase in enrollment from spring 2008 to spring 2009.
“The online classroom is an important part of Mississippi’s community college system and another way we are helping to improve the state,” said Dr. Eric Clark, executive director of the State Board for Community and Junior Colleges.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency