MSVCC sets enrollment record
Published: July 6,2009
JACKSON — The Mississippi Virtual Community College (MSVCC) reports record enrollment for the summer 2009 session with 11,574 students enrolled in 19,859 classes.
Compared to the summer 2008 session, enrollment is up 22.4 percent. These figures are in addition to a 17 percent increase in enrollment from fall 2007 to fall 2008 and a 27 percent increase in enrollment from spring 2008 to spring 2009.
“The online classroom is an important part of Mississippi’s community college system and another way we are helping to improve the state,” said Dr. Eric Clark, executive director of the State Board for Community and Junior Colleges.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life