MSVCC sets enrollment record
Published: July 6,2009
JACKSON — The Mississippi Virtual Community College (MSVCC) reports record enrollment for the summer 2009 session with 11,574 students enrolled in 19,859 classes.
Compared to the summer 2008 session, enrollment is up 22.4 percent. These figures are in addition to a 17 percent increase in enrollment from fall 2007 to fall 2008 and a 27 percent increase in enrollment from spring 2008 to spring 2009.
“The online classroom is an important part of Mississippi’s community college system and another way we are helping to improve the state,” said Dr. Eric Clark, executive director of the State Board for Community and Junior Colleges.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager