MSVCC sets enrollment record
Published: July 6,2009
JACKSON — The Mississippi Virtual Community College (MSVCC) reports record enrollment for the summer 2009 session with 11,574 students enrolled in 19,859 classes.
Compared to the summer 2008 session, enrollment is up 22.4 percent. These figures are in addition to a 17 percent increase in enrollment from fall 2007 to fall 2008 and a 27 percent increase in enrollment from spring 2008 to spring 2009.
“The online classroom is an important part of Mississippi’s community college system and another way we are helping to improve the state,” said Dr. Eric Clark, executive director of the State Board for Community and Junior Colleges.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015