Peeples relieves IQH physician quality award
Published: July 6,2009
Dr. Samuel H. Peeples of Jackson has been named the 2009 Derrick Physician Quality Award recipient by Information & Quality Healthcare (IQH).
James S. McIlwain, IQH president, pointed out that Peeples’ service to the quality organization is reflected by the fact that he was on the board of directors when the physician quality award was initiated in 1993 in memory of Dr. Arthur A. Derrick of Durant. Derrick was a longtime supporter of healthcare quality improvement in the state.
Peeples serves as a consultant review physician in the CMS program. He served as a stakeholder in the IQH Doctor’s Office Quality Improvement Technology Project and has been a supporter of the adoption of electronic health records.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist