Peeples relieves IQH physician quality award
Published: July 6,2009
Dr. Samuel H. Peeples of Jackson has been named the 2009 Derrick Physician Quality Award recipient by Information & Quality Healthcare (IQH).
James S. McIlwain, IQH president, pointed out that Peeples’ service to the quality organization is reflected by the fact that he was on the board of directors when the physician quality award was initiated in 1993 in memory of Dr. Arthur A. Derrick of Durant. Derrick was a longtime supporter of healthcare quality improvement in the state.
Peeples serves as a consultant review physician in the CMS program. He served as a stakeholder in the IQH Doctor’s Office Quality Improvement Technology Project and has been a supporter of the adoption of electronic health records.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access