Peeples relieves IQH physician quality award
Published: July 6,2009
Dr. Samuel H. Peeples of Jackson has been named the 2009 Derrick Physician Quality Award recipient by Information & Quality Healthcare (IQH).
James S. McIlwain, IQH president, pointed out that Peeples’ service to the quality organization is reflected by the fact that he was on the board of directors when the physician quality award was initiated in 1993 in memory of Dr. Arthur A. Derrick of Durant. Derrick was a longtime supporter of healthcare quality improvement in the state.
Peeples serves as a consultant review physician in the CMS program. He served as a stakeholder in the IQH Doctor’s Office Quality Improvement Technology Project and has been a supporter of the adoption of electronic health records.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location