Peoples reduces semiannual dividend
BILOXI — The board of directors of Peoples Financial Corporation, parent of The Peoples Bank, declared a reduced regular semiannual cash dividend of $0.20 per common share, payable July 15, 2009, to stockholders of record July 8, 2009.
“This dividend level is consistent with our long-term goal of returning about 35 percent of our earnings to our shareholders,” said Chevis C. Swetman, chairman of the board and CEO of the holding company and the bank. “In 2008, our dividend payout increased to 59.6% of earnings. Knowing this level is not sustainable, our board of directors has concluded it is prudent to reduce the dividend in order to build capital in this troubled economy.”
The last dividend paid in Jan. 2009 was $0.30 per share. Previously, the dividend had been increased 11 consecutive times.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters