PERS honored for financial report
Published: July 6,2009
The Public Employees’ Retirement System of Mississippi (PERS) has been awarded the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada for PERS’ fiscal year 2008 comprehensive annual financial report. This is the 22nd consecutive year that PERS has received this award.
Prepared by the Finance and Accounting Department under the direction of finance director Linda Wolverton and in collaboration with other agency departments, PERS’ comprehensive annual financial report was created to fully disclose the agency’s financial story while motivating user groups to read the report.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?