PERS honored for financial report
Published: July 6,2009
The Public Employees’ Retirement System of Mississippi (PERS) has been awarded the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada for PERS’ fiscal year 2008 comprehensive annual financial report. This is the 22nd consecutive year that PERS has received this award.
Prepared by the Finance and Accounting Department under the direction of finance director Linda Wolverton and in collaboration with other agency departments, PERS’ comprehensive annual financial report was created to fully disclose the agency’s financial story while motivating user groups to read the report.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location