PERS honored for financial report
Published: July 6,2009
The Public Employees’ Retirement System of Mississippi (PERS) has been awarded the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada for PERS’ fiscal year 2008 comprehensive annual financial report. This is the 22nd consecutive year that PERS has received this award.
Prepared by the Finance and Accounting Department under the direction of finance director Linda Wolverton and in collaboration with other agency departments, PERS’ comprehensive annual financial report was created to fully disclose the agency’s financial story while motivating user groups to read the report.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form