PERS honored for financial report
Published: July 6,2009
The Public Employees’ Retirement System of Mississippi (PERS) has been awarded the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada for PERS’ fiscal year 2008 comprehensive annual financial report. This is the 22nd consecutive year that PERS has received this award.
Prepared by the Finance and Accounting Department under the direction of finance director Linda Wolverton and in collaboration with other agency departments, PERS’ comprehensive annual financial report was created to fully disclose the agency’s financial story while motivating user groups to read the report.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar