PERS honored for financial report
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 6,2009
The Public Employees’ Retirement System of Mississippi (PERS) has been awarded the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada for PERS’ fiscal year 2008 comprehensive annual financial report. This is the 22nd consecutive year that PERS has received this award.
Prepared by the Finance and Accounting Department under the direction of finance director Linda Wolverton and in collaboration with other agency departments, PERS’ comprehensive annual financial report was created to fully disclose the agency’s financial story while motivating user groups to read the report.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges