USM’s Gandy named Administrator of the Year
Published: July 6,2009
Dr. Rex Gandy, dean of the University of Southern Mississippi College of Science and Technology, has been selected the 2009 Administrator of the Year by the National Association of Educational Office Professionals (NAEOP).
Gandy’s path to winning this national award began when he was named the 2008 Southern Miss Association of Office Professionals (AOP) Administrator of the Year. The Southern Miss AOP Chapter forwarded his nomination to the state level, where he was named the 2009 Mississippi Association of Educational Office Professionals (MAEOP) Administrator of the Year.
Gandy, a native of Ripley, has been at Southern Miss since 2003 and has more than 25 years of academic experience. He led the College of Science and Technology to many milestones, including a research funding height of $52 million. Following Hurricane Katrina, Gandy coordinated the College of Science and Technology’s efforts to help faculty, staff and students displaced by the storm and return student enrollment to pre-Katrina levels.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey