USM’s Gandy named Administrator of the Year
Published: July 6,2009
Dr. Rex Gandy, dean of the University of Southern Mississippi College of Science and Technology, has been selected the 2009 Administrator of the Year by the National Association of Educational Office Professionals (NAEOP).
Gandy’s path to winning this national award began when he was named the 2008 Southern Miss Association of Office Professionals (AOP) Administrator of the Year. The Southern Miss AOP Chapter forwarded his nomination to the state level, where he was named the 2009 Mississippi Association of Educational Office Professionals (MAEOP) Administrator of the Year.
Gandy, a native of Ripley, has been at Southern Miss since 2003 and has more than 25 years of academic experience. He led the College of Science and Technology to many milestones, including a research funding height of $52 million. Following Hurricane Katrina, Gandy coordinated the College of Science and Technology’s efforts to help faculty, staff and students displaced by the storm and return student enrollment to pre-Katrina levels.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren