USM’s Gandy named Administrator of the Year
Published: July 6,2009
Dr. Rex Gandy, dean of the University of Southern Mississippi College of Science and Technology, has been selected the 2009 Administrator of the Year by the National Association of Educational Office Professionals (NAEOP).
Gandy’s path to winning this national award began when he was named the 2008 Southern Miss Association of Office Professionals (AOP) Administrator of the Year. The Southern Miss AOP Chapter forwarded his nomination to the state level, where he was named the 2009 Mississippi Association of Educational Office Professionals (MAEOP) Administrator of the Year.
Gandy, a native of Ripley, has been at Southern Miss since 2003 and has more than 25 years of academic experience. He led the College of Science and Technology to many milestones, including a research funding height of $52 million. Following Hurricane Katrina, Gandy coordinated the College of Science and Technology’s efforts to help faculty, staff and students displaced by the storm and return student enrollment to pre-Katrina levels.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money