USM’s Gandy named Administrator of the Year
Published: July 6,2009
Dr. Rex Gandy, dean of the University of Southern Mississippi College of Science and Technology, has been selected the 2009 Administrator of the Year by the National Association of Educational Office Professionals (NAEOP).
Gandy’s path to winning this national award began when he was named the 2008 Southern Miss Association of Office Professionals (AOP) Administrator of the Year. The Southern Miss AOP Chapter forwarded his nomination to the state level, where he was named the 2009 Mississippi Association of Educational Office Professionals (MAEOP) Administrator of the Year.
Gandy, a native of Ripley, has been at Southern Miss since 2003 and has more than 25 years of academic experience. He led the College of Science and Technology to many milestones, including a research funding height of $52 million. Following Hurricane Katrina, Gandy coordinated the College of Science and Technology’s efforts to help faculty, staff and students displaced by the storm and return student enrollment to pre-Katrina levels.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur