USM’s Gandy named Administrator of the Year
Published: July 6,2009
Dr. Rex Gandy, dean of the University of Southern Mississippi College of Science and Technology, has been selected the 2009 Administrator of the Year by the National Association of Educational Office Professionals (NAEOP).
Gandy’s path to winning this national award began when he was named the 2008 Southern Miss Association of Office Professionals (AOP) Administrator of the Year. The Southern Miss AOP Chapter forwarded his nomination to the state level, where he was named the 2009 Mississippi Association of Educational Office Professionals (MAEOP) Administrator of the Year.
Gandy, a native of Ripley, has been at Southern Miss since 2003 and has more than 25 years of academic experience. He led the College of Science and Technology to many milestones, including a research funding height of $52 million. Following Hurricane Katrina, Gandy coordinated the College of Science and Technology’s efforts to help faculty, staff and students displaced by the storm and return student enrollment to pre-Katrina levels.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams