Mayor of Terry named to MUFC chair
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 7,2009
Mayor Rod Nicholson was selected by the Mississippi Urban Forest Council to chair the statewide organization. Nicholson has practiced community forestry in his Town of Terry since becoming mayor in 2005. Under the leadership of Nicholson, the Town of Terry received a Katrina grant for a beautification project along the town’s main street, and more recently received a smaller tree grant through the Urban Forestry Council for tree plantings for the Village Square Park and other public areas for the town’s beautification.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!