Mayor of Terry named to MUFC chair
Published: July 7,2009
Mayor Rod Nicholson was selected by the Mississippi Urban Forest Council to chair the statewide organization. Nicholson has practiced community forestry in his Town of Terry since becoming mayor in 2005. Under the leadership of Nicholson, the Town of Terry received a Katrina grant for a beautification project along the town’s main street, and more recently received a smaller tree grant through the Urban Forestry Council for tree plantings for the Village Square Park and other public areas for the town’s beautification.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds