Mayor of Terry named to MUFC chair
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 7,2009
Mayor Rod Nicholson was selected by the Mississippi Urban Forest Council to chair the statewide organization. Nicholson has practiced community forestry in his Town of Terry since becoming mayor in 2005. Under the leadership of Nicholson, the Town of Terry received a Katrina grant for a beautification project along the town’s main street, and more recently received a smaller tree grant through the Urban Forestry Council for tree plantings for the Village Square Park and other public areas for the town’s beautification.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees