Mayor of Terry named to MUFC chair
Published: July 7,2009
Mayor Rod Nicholson was selected by the Mississippi Urban Forest Council to chair the statewide organization. Nicholson has practiced community forestry in his Town of Terry since becoming mayor in 2005. Under the leadership of Nicholson, the Town of Terry received a Katrina grant for a beautification project along the town’s main street, and more recently received a smaller tree grant through the Urban Forestry Council for tree plantings for the Village Square Park and other public areas for the town’s beautification.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015