Mayor of Terry named to MUFC chair
Published: July 7,2009
Mayor Rod Nicholson was selected by the Mississippi Urban Forest Council to chair the statewide organization. Nicholson has practiced community forestry in his Town of Terry since becoming mayor in 2005. Under the leadership of Nicholson, the Town of Terry received a Katrina grant for a beautification project along the town’s main street, and more recently received a smaller tree grant through the Urban Forestry Council for tree plantings for the Village Square Park and other public areas for the town’s beautification.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth