Coast businessman named Hancock Holding chairman
Veteran Gulf Coast business and civic leader James B. “Jim” Estabrook Jr. will assume responsibilities as chairman of the board of Hancock Holding Company (NASDAQ: HBHC), one of America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies and corporate parent of 110-year-old Hancock Bank.
Estabrook became Hancock Holding Company chairman July 6 as former Hancock chairman and retired chief executive officer George A. Schloegel begins his term as Gulfport’s new mayor.
Estabrook is the president of Pascagoula-based Estabrook Motor Company — which his father started in 1951 — as well as Estabrook Automotive and several other automotive-related enterprises. Estabrook served on the board of directors of the Pascagoula Moss Point Bank (PMP) before joining the Hancock Holding Company board during PMP’s 1982 merger with Hancock Bank. During almost 30 years with Hancock Bank, he has worked closely with the company’s senior leaders on numerous corporate management committees.
He currently chairs the Hancock Holding Company Nominating & Corporate Governance Committee, is a permanent Loan Oversight Committee director and recently served on the Asset Liability Committee (ALCO). Additionally, Estabrook has held numerous executive leadership positions with Gulf Coast business, economic, and service organizations for four decades.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring