Coast businessman named Hancock Holding chairman
Veteran Gulf Coast business and civic leader James B. “Jim” Estabrook Jr. will assume responsibilities as chairman of the board of Hancock Holding Company (NASDAQ: HBHC), one of America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies and corporate parent of 110-year-old Hancock Bank.
Estabrook became Hancock Holding Company chairman July 6 as former Hancock chairman and retired chief executive officer George A. Schloegel begins his term as Gulfport’s new mayor.
Estabrook is the president of Pascagoula-based Estabrook Motor Company — which his father started in 1951 — as well as Estabrook Automotive and several other automotive-related enterprises. Estabrook served on the board of directors of the Pascagoula Moss Point Bank (PMP) before joining the Hancock Holding Company board during PMP’s 1982 merger with Hancock Bank. During almost 30 years with Hancock Bank, he has worked closely with the company’s senior leaders on numerous corporate management committees.
He currently chairs the Hancock Holding Company Nominating & Corporate Governance Committee, is a permanent Loan Oversight Committee director and recently served on the Asset Liability Committee (ALCO). Additionally, Estabrook has held numerous executive leadership positions with Gulf Coast business, economic, and service organizations for four decades.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement