MABC gets diversity grant
Published: July 13,2009
JACKSON — The Mississippi Associated Builders & Contractors (MABC) has been awarded a $10,000 Chapter Diversity Initiative Grant from Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) national office to assist in MABC’s efforts to develop long-term diversity programs.
“ABC strives to develop programs that will enhance the construction industry in Mississippi,” said Buddy Edens, MABC president, “This grant will open a new door to significant development opportunities for minority and women owned construction firms.”
The MABC will use its grant for Project Enhance. It is partnership with the Mississippi Minority Contractors Council and the Mississippi Chapter of the National Association of Women in Construction designed to enhance the capabilities of minority and woman owned businesses through targeted training, support from industry leaders and business development opportunities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image