MABC gets diversity grant
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 13,2009
JACKSON — The Mississippi Associated Builders & Contractors (MABC) has been awarded a $10,000 Chapter Diversity Initiative Grant from Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) national office to assist in MABC’s efforts to develop long-term diversity programs.
“ABC strives to develop programs that will enhance the construction industry in Mississippi,” said Buddy Edens, MABC president, “This grant will open a new door to significant development opportunities for minority and women owned construction firms.”
The MABC will use its grant for Project Enhance. It is partnership with the Mississippi Minority Contractors Council and the Mississippi Chapter of the National Association of Women in Construction designed to enhance the capabilities of minority and woman owned businesses through targeted training, support from industry leaders and business development opportunities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones