MABC gets diversity grant
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 13,2009
JACKSON — The Mississippi Associated Builders & Contractors (MABC) has been awarded a $10,000 Chapter Diversity Initiative Grant from Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) national office to assist in MABC’s efforts to develop long-term diversity programs.
“ABC strives to develop programs that will enhance the construction industry in Mississippi,” said Buddy Edens, MABC president, “This grant will open a new door to significant development opportunities for minority and women owned construction firms.”
The MABC will use its grant for Project Enhance. It is partnership with the Mississippi Minority Contractors Council and the Mississippi Chapter of the National Association of Women in Construction designed to enhance the capabilities of minority and woman owned businesses through targeted training, support from industry leaders and business development opportunities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker