MABC gets diversity grant
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 13,2009
JACKSON — The Mississippi Associated Builders & Contractors (MABC) has been awarded a $10,000 Chapter Diversity Initiative Grant from Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) national office to assist in MABC’s efforts to develop long-term diversity programs.
“ABC strives to develop programs that will enhance the construction industry in Mississippi,” said Buddy Edens, MABC president, “This grant will open a new door to significant development opportunities for minority and women owned construction firms.”
The MABC will use its grant for Project Enhance. It is partnership with the Mississippi Minority Contractors Council and the Mississippi Chapter of the National Association of Women in Construction designed to enhance the capabilities of minority and woman owned businesses through targeted training, support from industry leaders and business development opportunities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue