MABC gets diversity grant
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 13,2009
JACKSON — The Mississippi Associated Builders & Contractors (MABC) has been awarded a $10,000 Chapter Diversity Initiative Grant from Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) national office to assist in MABC’s efforts to develop long-term diversity programs.
“ABC strives to develop programs that will enhance the construction industry in Mississippi,” said Buddy Edens, MABC president, “This grant will open a new door to significant development opportunities for minority and women owned construction firms.”
The MABC will use its grant for Project Enhance. It is partnership with the Mississippi Minority Contractors Council and the Mississippi Chapter of the National Association of Women in Construction designed to enhance the capabilities of minority and woman owned businesses through targeted training, support from industry leaders and business development opportunities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!