Palace unveils major expansion
Published: July 13,2009
BILOXI — The Palace Casino Resort has announced a 110,000-square-foot project, of which 64,000 square feet is an expansion of its facilities and amenities. This is the largest casino expansion on the Mississippi Gulf Coast since Hurricane Katrina.
Upon completion of the new construction, the property will include 38,000 square feet of gaming space with more than 1,000 slot machines and 26 new table games. Also included will be an eight-table poker room and high-limit salon. A strong focus is being placed on the improvement of air quality throughout the casino. Non-smoking areas, including the poker room, will be available to guests.
The new 300-seat buffet will feature live cooking stations and a display bakery, where guests can purchase a variety of freshly baked goods. A cafe and grill will offer 24-hour service with seating for 50 guests. And, a new upscale lounge/sports bar will include a stage for live entertainment. Mignon’s Steaks and Seafood will remain, and its lounge, which was popular before the storm, will return.
Keith Crosby, general manager of the Palace Casino Resort, said that upgrades to the hotel will focus on providing guests an intimate, service-based experience. A new front desk, concierge area and VIP check-in will be added. The lobby and atrium areas will also be remodeled. Other added amenities will include a new gift shop, spa and fitness center, business center and meeting facilities.
Crosby said, “Prior to the storm, we were a four-diamond resort. We are bringing back many of the amenities we lost to again provide our guests the complete package. We will also maintain many of our current amenities that have become popular, like our signature golf course, The Preserve, our first-class marina, and our award-winning fine dining restaurant, Mignon’s.”
The estimated date of completion for the expansion is spring 2011. At that time, additional associates will be added to the current staff of 625.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Deal for daily Jackson-Orlando flight in works with Allegiant
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts