Parkway recieves honor
Published: July 13,2009
JACKSON — June 29, 2009 – The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) together with The Great Place to Work Institute Inc. (GPTW) has named Parkway Properties Inc. (NYSE:PKY) one of the 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work for in America in 2009. The list was announced June 29, 2009, in New Orleans before thousands of human resource professionals attending SHRM’s 61st Annual Conference and Exposition.
The list, now in its sixth year, ranks the top 25 small and top 25 medium-sized companies using “best practice” people management strategies to develop successful organizations with highly productive and satisfied workforces. Organizations range in size from 50 to 999 employees and the GPTW selects the winners based on a randomly distributed employee opinion survey. Each company evaluated was given a score based on employees’ responses to a detailed questionnaire about the organizations’ workplace cultures. This year over 500 companies applied for the award.
Articles and profiles of the winning organizations will appear in the June issue of Fortune Small Business, in the July issue of HR Magazine and on CNNMoney.com. The winning organizations will also be listed on the SHRM (www.shrm.org) and GPTW (www.greatplacetowork.com) web sites.
Steven G. Rogers, president and chief executive officer of Parkway, stated, “We are humbled and honored to receive this award for the third time in the past six years. Because this award reflects the level of trust, pride and camaraderie within the Parkway team, it makes me very proud.”
“Small and medium-sized companies make up the majority of the American economy and workforce,” said SHRM President and CEO Laurence O’Neil. “These 50 winning organizations demonstrate that investing in people is critical to their success, and we are proud to recognize their accomplishments.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss