Parkway recieves honor
Published: July 13,2009
JACKSON — June 29, 2009 – The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) together with The Great Place to Work Institute Inc. (GPTW) has named Parkway Properties Inc. (NYSE:PKY) one of the 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work for in America in 2009. The list was announced June 29, 2009, in New Orleans before thousands of human resource professionals attending SHRM’s 61st Annual Conference and Exposition.
The list, now in its sixth year, ranks the top 25 small and top 25 medium-sized companies using “best practice” people management strategies to develop successful organizations with highly productive and satisfied workforces. Organizations range in size from 50 to 999 employees and the GPTW selects the winners based on a randomly distributed employee opinion survey. Each company evaluated was given a score based on employees’ responses to a detailed questionnaire about the organizations’ workplace cultures. This year over 500 companies applied for the award.
Articles and profiles of the winning organizations will appear in the June issue of Fortune Small Business, in the July issue of HR Magazine and on CNNMoney.com. The winning organizations will also be listed on the SHRM (www.shrm.org) and GPTW (www.greatplacetowork.com) web sites.
Steven G. Rogers, president and chief executive officer of Parkway, stated, “We are humbled and honored to receive this award for the third time in the past six years. Because this award reflects the level of trust, pride and camaraderie within the Parkway team, it makes me very proud.”
“Small and medium-sized companies make up the majority of the American economy and workforce,” said SHRM President and CEO Laurence O’Neil. “These 50 winning organizations demonstrate that investing in people is critical to their success, and we are proud to recognize their accomplishments.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency