Shrimp boat count down
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — Bad weather July 7 diminished the opening of Mississippi waters to shrimping north of the Intracoastal Waterway. Only 212 shrimping vessels were observed in Mississippi waters, even less than the 230 that were counted June 25 when Mississippi waters were opened to shrimping south of the Intracoastal Waterway.
Based on reports by the Department of Marine Resources Marine Patrol officers, most of the vessels, about 150, were found east of the Gulfport Ship Channel spread out to Pascagoula. However, a group of 62 vessels were active in the western sound around Cat Island.
The annual aerial boat count was cancelled by Civil Air Patrol due to inclement flight conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast