Swine flu cases exceed 150
Published: July 13,2009
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) reports 29 new cases of H1N1 swine flu for the week of June 29-July 5, bringing the state’s total number of cases to 181.
The new cases last week were in Winston (seven), Harrison (four), Jackson (two), Madison (two), Oktibbeha (two) Warren (two), Coahoma (one), Copiah (one), Hinds (one), Jones (one), Lamar (one), Lowndes (one), Monroe (one), Neshoba (one), Pearl River (one) and Simpson (one) counties.
Since MSDH began testing for H1N1 swine flu, cases have been reported in Harrison (29), Jackson (22), Lamar (17), Winston (17), Forrest (15), Rankin (10), Madison (nine), Hinds (eight), Greene (four), Warren (four), Jones (three), Lowndes (three), Holmes (three), Oktibbeha (three), Chickasaw (two), Covington (two), George (two), Lafayette (two), Lauderdale (two), Lee (two), Monroe (two), Perry (two), Tishomingo (two), Webster (two), Yazoo (two), Attala (one), Coahoma (one), Copiah (one), DeSoto (one), Lincoln (one), Marion (one), Neshoba (one), Panola (one), Pearl River (one), Simpson (one), Smith (one) and Union (one) counties.
County numbers may have slightly changed from previous weeks after case investigation and follow-up.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love