United Solutions expanding in Sardis
SARDIS — United Solutions, a manufacturer of plastic house wares, is expanding operations at its manufacturing facility in Sardis. The expansion will allow the company to increase production of its consumer plastics products.
United Solutions currently employs 75 full-time workers, and as a result of the expansion, the company will hire at least 20 new employees.
“We are excited about expanding our plastics manufacturing operations in Sardis, and we are also pleased that the expansion will allow us to add additional jobs at the facility,” said Peter Poulelis, local plant manager. “The support we have received from state and local officials has been tremendous, and we look forward to many more years of doing business right here in Mississippi.”
United Solutions manufactures plastic items for use around the home and office. Under its own brand name, the company produces such products as trash cans, laundry baskets, storage bins, pails and clothes hampers. Additional lines will be added as new machines become available.
“We have worked closely with United Solutions to help facilitate this expansion,” said Gray Swoope, executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA). “Not only will the company’s expansion benefit the Sardis community, it is also great news for the entire state. At a time when we are focusing so much of our efforts on job retention, I applaud United Solutions for creating new jobs, and we look forward to working with the company in the future to ensure its continued success in Mississippi.”
United Solutions is investing $1 million in new equipment for the expansion. MDA provided $344,000 in Community Development Block Grant funds for public infrastructure to support increased production at the facility, and the Panola Partnership provided more than $39,000 to assist with this project.
United Solutions is headquartered in Leominster, Mass., and the company also has a location in Gilbert, Ariz.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record
- Owner of former hospital given deadline