USM College of Health names new leadership
Published: July 13,2009
Dr. Susan Hubble-Burchell, Dr. Tim Rehner and Dr. Steven Cloud have been chosen to fill positions on the University of Southern Mississippi College of Health’s leadership team.
Hubble-Burchell will be associate dean for the college; Rehner will serve as director of the School of Social Work; and Cloud will be the new chairman of the Department of Speech and Hearing.
An associate professor of recreation in the School of Human Performance, Hubble-Burchell has served as its interim director from November 2007 to present and from November 2003 to June 2004. She also served as the school’s assistant director from 1997-2002, and as its coordinator for undergraduate services from 1993-1997.
Rehner joined Southern Miss in 1993. He has served as interim director and associate director of the School of Social Work and as director of its bachelor of social work program, as well as director of the school’s Caribbean Studies program.
Cloud joined the Southern Miss faculty in 1995. He was chosen the department’s Teacher of the Year in 1998 and 2001, and served as its interim chair in the summer of 2007 and has been its program director since 2005. His primary academic interests include multicultural language issues and adult neurogenics.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals