USM College of Health names new leadership
Published: July 13,2009
Dr. Susan Hubble-Burchell, Dr. Tim Rehner and Dr. Steven Cloud have been chosen to fill positions on the University of Southern Mississippi College of Health’s leadership team.
Hubble-Burchell will be associate dean for the college; Rehner will serve as director of the School of Social Work; and Cloud will be the new chairman of the Department of Speech and Hearing.
An associate professor of recreation in the School of Human Performance, Hubble-Burchell has served as its interim director from November 2007 to present and from November 2003 to June 2004. She also served as the school’s assistant director from 1997-2002, and as its coordinator for undergraduate services from 1993-1997.
Rehner joined Southern Miss in 1993. He has served as interim director and associate director of the School of Social Work and as director of its bachelor of social work program, as well as director of the school’s Caribbean Studies program.
Cloud joined the Southern Miss faculty in 1995. He was chosen the department’s Teacher of the Year in 1998 and 2001, and served as its interim chair in the summer of 2007 and has been its program director since 2005. His primary academic interests include multicultural language issues and adult neurogenics.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion