ARRA funding paying for road work
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 20,2009
HATTIESBURG — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) will soon oversee the resurfacing of 5.3 miles of U.S. 49 through Hattiesburg from Edwards Street continuing north to 31st Avenue.
The $8.3-million project, fully funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), was awarded to Dunn Roadbuilders of Laurel. The project is scheduled for completion by the end of the year.
An estimated $27.5 billion in ARRA funding will go toward roadway and bridge improvements. Transportation officials are crafting a plan that will provide an equitable distribution of projects throughout Mississippi to ensure the greatest possible impact in terms of job creation and economic development.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Nullification and interposition
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge