ARRA funding paying for road work
Published: July 20,2009
HATTIESBURG — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) will soon oversee the resurfacing of 5.3 miles of U.S. 49 through Hattiesburg from Edwards Street continuing north to 31st Avenue.
The $8.3-million project, fully funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), was awarded to Dunn Roadbuilders of Laurel. The project is scheduled for completion by the end of the year.
An estimated $27.5 billion in ARRA funding will go toward roadway and bridge improvements. Transportation officials are crafting a plan that will provide an equitable distribution of projects throughout Mississippi to ensure the greatest possible impact in terms of job creation and economic development.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state