ARRA funding paying for road work
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 20,2009
HATTIESBURG — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) will soon oversee the resurfacing of 5.3 miles of U.S. 49 through Hattiesburg from Edwards Street continuing north to 31st Avenue.
The $8.3-million project, fully funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), was awarded to Dunn Roadbuilders of Laurel. The project is scheduled for completion by the end of the year.
An estimated $27.5 billion in ARRA funding will go toward roadway and bridge improvements. Transportation officials are crafting a plan that will provide an equitable distribution of projects throughout Mississippi to ensure the greatest possible impact in terms of job creation and economic development.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain