ARRA funding paying for road work
Published: July 20,2009
HATTIESBURG — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) will soon oversee the resurfacing of 5.3 miles of U.S. 49 through Hattiesburg from Edwards Street continuing north to 31st Avenue.
The $8.3-million project, fully funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), was awarded to Dunn Roadbuilders of Laurel. The project is scheduled for completion by the end of the year.
An estimated $27.5 billion in ARRA funding will go toward roadway and bridge improvements. Transportation officials are crafting a plan that will provide an equitable distribution of projects throughout Mississippi to ensure the greatest possible impact in terms of job creation and economic development.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager